Wayfarer Dried Chicken Curry

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I eat it. Won’t be going there again unless I’m on the point of starvation and that’s all I can get. :blast
Not the greatest flavour I’ve ever tasted. Not a clue where the curry flavour was. :confused: It all rehydrated well enough and was enough for a meal but it’s a NO from me.
I hope their pasta Bolognese is better. :blast

Then I have some Summit To Eat meals to try. I hope they are better. :thumb2

Aaah, camping type food. Its fantastic isn't it. I used to use Raven meals back in the 70's. They all looked like wall paper paste until watered up. There was a bolognese that actually tasted of beans on toast.:beerjug:

To be honest, when I’m stuck on top of a mountain and hungry Wayfarer tastes great. That’s probably the trick to eating this stuff. :D

Short of an emergency, I don't know why anyone would choose this overprices shite?
Super Noodles, Smash or those rice pouches. Then all you need is some dried/cured meat, or a tin of Tuna or Corned Beef.
A Fray Bentos steak & kidney pudding pops straight into a Jetboil ... along with a spud and carrots.
If only a couple of days away, I take a Simon Howie Haggis (sheeps pluck or veggie).
Pop it in the Jetboil while you prepare some wraps with Iceberg lettuce, crushed prawn crackers and sweet chilli sauce.
Simply add the Tartan miracle, roll up, and enjoy Highland Yuk Sung ... my most successful creation to date.

No washing up or mess.

I’m looking for some dried meals and not the ones you warm up by boiling in water to save on gas. I have already got pot noodle and Naked noodle meals sorted. :thumb2 They will be removed from their tubs and put into separate smaller bags. The meals are for days when I don’t go near a supermarket ( mainly for when I’m hopefully miles from anywhere in Scandinavia ). :thumb2

There is a company that trades through some of the big supermarkets called
“ Look What We Found “
Their heat up meals are not expensive and are actually very good .
I normally buy and cook proper food ,,, but often carry a few of these in case is pissing and I can’t use my petrol stove in the tent .

Vacuumed up they keep for a long time , and a fair price because is not selling into “ the leisure market”
As meal ,one of these in the jetboil and a packet of oatcakes ,, not perfect but it does the job .

Check out Expedition Foods.
Wayfarers and the like are reasonably tasty but way too heavy to be carrying more than a couple.....which is all anyone really needs to haul.along with them.

some of us are old enough to remember Vesta, in fact I thought they had gone long ago but they still do two apparently

here https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/vesta#

Or the Harvey's Duo-Can range in the 70s? A double ended can with a separator in the middle. Rice in one end, curry in the other. Spaghetti in one end, meatballs in the other. All equally revolting but welcome on a mountain top after a tough climb.

I don't bother with the overpriced wayfarer meals any more.
A tin of stewed beef, or beef casserole etc along with a small tin of new potatoes and a little tin of peas and carrots. A good meal for less than the price of a wayfarer and much more filling. 4 meals like this don't take up too much room in my tailpack on the bike. More can be acquired en route.

I forage, enduro-hard core-bikermate style, usually in the local pub or supermarket.

I don't bother with the overpriced wayfarer meals any more.
A tin of stewed beef, or beef casserole etc along with a small tin of new potatoes and a little tin of peas and carrots. A good meal for less than the price of a wayfarer and much more filling. 4 meals like this don't take up too much room in my tailpack on the bike. More can be acquired en route.
+1
Tin of Chili with the above, cheap and filling

Back
Top Bottom