Gilly73

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of doing a revised version of the NC500
Leaving from Worksop on Saturday 4th September and hopefully completing
5 - 7 days
I am camping all the way
Anyone is more than welcome

I'm leaving the same day, but from Surrey heading up to spend a week exploring. Not camping though - I've got hotels booked throughout. Happy to meet for a coffee if our paths cross.

September? Good choice. Things should be quieter and midges less prolific. Do a search here on "NC500" for lots of thoughts about how to do it but I'd sum it all up by suggesting not to be a slave to the main route: have a wander around places like Port Henderson / Badachro, the "wee mad road" to Lochinver, Achmelvich Bay etc. Also consider leaving out the east coast section and maybe combining it with a trip to Orkney in a future adventure.

I’m off back up to Scotland for ten days from the 3rd September, really looking forward to returning. Gilly, what camping arrangements have you made, wild camping or official sites?

September? Good choice. Things should be quieter and midges less prolific. Do a search here on "NC500" for lots of thoughts about how to do it but I'd sum it all up by suggesting not to be a slave to the main route: have a wander around places like Port Henderson / Badachro, the "wee mad road" to Lochinver, Achmelvich Bay etc. Also consider leaving out the east coast section and maybe combining it with a trip to Orkney in a future adventure.

Excellent, thank you. I've got a night booked at the Myrtle Bank Hotel in Gairloch, so will make a stop there on the way to the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom