TET UK - GREAT WESTERN TRAIL

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone on here done it? I fancy riding the Cornwall section, wondering where to source the best mapping...

You could see if the TET website is up and running to download the route.

If you have problems, let me know as I have a copy.

You could see if the TET website is up and running to download the route.

If you have problems, let me know as I have a copy.

I'm an iPhone user, which is shame as the TET App is only for Android and looks great. Might have to buy an Android phone :blast.

https://transeurotrail.org/

All downloadable here, no app required. The TET team ask that you don’t share the gpx files, either with each other or via ViewRanger or WikiLocs or the like, and download it for your trip as it constantly changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ps, the tracks are not downloadable from the FB group.

Mostly, the FB group are asking “what app should I use for this mate” and “how do I follow the track on phone”, with “what tyres should I use” as a close third.

I'm an iPhone user, which is shame as the TET App is only for Android and looks great. Might have to buy an Android phone :blast.

I use an iPhone. I download the GPX, convert it to KML and then save it in Maps.me to follow the route.

https://transeurotrail.org/

All downloadable here, no app required. The TET team ask that you don’t share the gpx files, either with each other or via ViewRanger or WikiLocs or the like, and download it for your trip as it constantly changes.

Thanks for that. I don't have a sat nav at the moment, just an iPhone, so if I can't put the TET mapping on my iPhone, I'm wondering if it would be easier to use the TET app on an Android phone (it sounds very user friendly) or buy a Garmin again (I've had a Zumo 660 before) and download the GPX files to it. The latter option seems more complicated!

I use an iPhone. I download the GPX, convert it to KML and then save it in Maps.me to follow the route.

Interesting! I'll look into this. Do you mind if I PM you for more advice if necessary?

Back
Top Bottom