On the hunt.

Lucky7

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all. First proper post and just wanted to say hello.
After a bit of deliberation I’ve decided to buy myself an urban g/s. It’ll be my first BMW of any type with two wheels.
I’m looking at second hand and not looking to finance, the first thing that occurs to me is that prices seem all over the place. Even the dealers don’t know how to pitch them. I went into Wollaston last night to look at a ‘17 plate 2 owner bike with 3.5k on the clocks. Nice bike with some tasty extras but it’s up at 5 quid short of 11k.
A dealer down the road has a 2020 demo with 12 miles on the clock for 9995.
Private sales seem rare so I’m guessing most people chop them in?
If anyone has seen anything away from the usual
eBay, auto trader please let me know.
I’m keen to get a bike and join in.

Cheers, I’m all over eBay at the mo’ and have a couple lined up to view over the next couple of days 👍🏼

Have a look at the ex demos there are some Euro 4 the dealers are selling off as they are not current so some good deals to be had if you don't feel the need to be Euro 5 compliant and several hundred £ worse off otherwise they are the same bikes. I paid £8400 for a Urban GS X in Feb this year Ex demo 1000 miles so running in service done 2019 Model reg 2020 Euro4 and that was delivered. Don't be frightened of getting an ex demo from afar they will be warranted just get it delivered. Get a good test ride locally if its what want the whole country is you lobster. Get a walk round video and check the dealers reputation and stock. When I got mine they had 2, one with 400 miles and mine £200 cheaper just serviced.

Good luck.

look up cult motorcycles they have my old one ,it has a werx pipe fitted,the bike is spot on :thumb2

Now the costs will go up, Engine bars, handguards, Hugger, rack, GPS mount. Don't tell the wife!

Now the costs will go up, Engine bars, handguards, Hugger, rack, GPS mount. Don't tell the wife!

Its got engine bars, hand guards, m-shock, screen, sump guard, and a few other bits but I'm just looking at racks now. I want something small, any suggestions?
Also now looking at exhausts.

Its got engine bars, hand guards, m-shock, screen, sump guard, and a few other bits but I'm just looking at racks now. I want something small, any suggestions?
Also now looking at exhausts.

I was going to change the exhaust on mine but once I removed the exhaust flap thing I decided on keeping the standard can. It sounds lovely and pops beautifully on the down change etc.. I’d recommend removing the exhaust flap first, ride it for a while then decide if you want to change it..

I was going to change the exhaust on mine but once I removed the exhaust flap thing I decided on keeping the standard can. It sounds lovely and pops beautifully on the down change etc.. I’d recommend removing the exhaust flap first, ride it for a while then decide if you want to change it..

I think I probably will do it in stages as you suggest, flapper delete first then the can and do the downpipes last. The std sound is quite nice though and it’s fun to ride. I even like the twitch it does when you are accelerating hard and snatch another gear. The tyres are capable in the dry no issues there. It has an m shock fitted but with no ride height adjustment which is something I’d like to play around with.
I’m going to get a few miles under my belt today.

Back
Top Bottom