Anyone in Cumbria interested in rides out?

ikkje

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I live just north of Kendal and my issue is that biking trips are way more fun shared and I’ve no one I know who rides a bike to share them with! (other than the just resurrected Moto Guzzi Club monthly rides). My wife is just not interested in going on the back and so if anyone is struggling likewise then let me know. Two bikes I use most are: R1200RS & Suzuki 650 Vstrom. Also have a trail bike if anyone is interested in easy trails (too old for the hardcore stuff now, but there’s lots of the TET that is cracking).

Trips further afield that I’ve done include the Shetlands and I’m planning a week in Wales early September.

Style of riding? Whilst I like an enthusiastic and spirited ride occasionally, I mainly seem to seek out the smallest roads possible and enjoy the scenery.

I need a nudge back into camping as again, the solo bit has seen me staying in pubs on the longer rides.

Hopefully there is someone in the same position. If we get on bike wise then great, if not then little lost

Hi - I am in Silverdale, about 15 miles SW of you. Are you near Staveley?
Similar bike line-up, R1200GS (LC) for fun, NC750 (commuting), and my old K1200RS (owned since new in 1999!). I have been thinking about a green-lane trail bike for a while.
There's a couple of other guys on here relatively local too.
Would be great to meet up midweek?? Some awesome biking roads locally.
There have been attempts before: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/550540-New-bike-mates-Warrington?highlight=devils
I'm tied-up quite a bit the next 2 weeks but hopefully free after that!

I was out that way last Saturday… In the rain.

Through the Bowlands and breakfast at Devils Bridge then past Barbon, over to Kendal and filled up at Ings before using the backroads to Troutbeck and Kirkstone Pass. I headed East then over Hartside Pass and the blast down to Barnard Castle before some really nadgery roads to Askrigg and via Hawes, Ribblehead, Ingleton, Bentham, a short M’way section to Galgate and the A6 back to Preston.

I don’t have a problem riding on my own unless it’s green-laning, then its always with at least one other.

Back
Top Bottom