Another dumb question..

Bucephalus

Well known for his member.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a very low mileage survivor Airhead, with the tubular centre-stand, which when I obtained it was near pristine, however, in my ownership it’s getting rather scratched, which is not agreeing with my OCD.

Especially after seeing a similar bike with each pressure point on the stand holed!!

Since seeing this, and after several sleepless nights, have stopped using the centre stand when on the road, defaulting to the side-stand, or using a bath mat on the drive.

Any ideas..💡

Take it off and get someone to weld some metal to the bottom of it.

Or, buy a replacement stand for it and use that and save the other one, or use the other one until it's holed and then use the new one.

Loads of options. I'm assuming all bits are available. Thing is, don't be precious about it. It's all replaceable.

Had my 40 year old G/S stand repaired. :thumby:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 20.14.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 20.14.13.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 20.11.16.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 20.11.16.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 209
Horse box rubber matting, when I took the bike for mot I took a piece with me, Dick craven took the piss and couldn’t stop laughing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 212
A bit bleary eyed this morning I wasn’t mentally prepared to see the enlarged photo of that savage hole!

There was a twinge in my groin, and I briefly gagged..Thanks for the suggestions.

I’m looking at something sacrificial, possibly a piece of bend formed rubber pipe, cut to size, and cable ties.

Or, the Heir and Spare method suggested..👍

A bit bleary eyed this morning I wasn’t mentally prepared to see the enlarged photo of that savage hole!

There was a twinge in my groin, and I briefly gagged..Thanks for the suggestions.

I’m looking at something sacrificial, possibly a piece of bend formed rubber pipe, cut to size, and cable ties.

Or, the Heir and Spare method suggested..��

I'd be careful with anything that alters its shape / geometry. I had one one a P/D that was only slightly worn, but the wear was around the pivots and it made the bike a real wrestle to get onto the stand. Seriously, get a replacement and then relax for the next 20 years until you need it.

I'd be careful with anything that alters its shape / geometry. I had one one a P/D that was only slightly worn, but the wear was around the pivots and it made the bike a real wrestle to get onto the stand. Seriously, get a replacement and then relax for the next 20 years until you need it.

I think you’re right..:okay

Back
Top Bottom