New function? New icon with two arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazandwiz

Reaction score
My Garmin 6 has just started a new trend.

On Sunday I was following a route from a track, as usual, and the Nav changed the blue track line to a left turn instead of right, which I knew was the correct direction. I had to reload my route and carry on. The Nav did this several times on my ride and I eventually spotted a new icon with two arrows on it. I pressed the icon and got a split screen with my route and a new one that the Nav had decided was a better choice; not in my opinion though! It appears that the new route that it decides upon is the dafault.

The Nav6 has never done this before and I can't find out why. Any ideas? I do have prompt for off route selected.

Cheers
Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a new one.

The Nav VI and other models do have the ability to suggest alternatives, based presumably on the user’s preference settings, but nothing I can find with a 'Two arrows' icon.

In software update 3.4 it made a change to the way alternatives are presented.

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
Added support for avoiding country tolls while routing in Europe.
Fixed an issue with presenting alternate routes during route review.
Enhanced traffic condition information.
Fixed an issue that could prevent routes from being imported correctly from an SD card.
Fixed a potential issue with MP3 playback when connected to the BMW Communication System.
Fixed an issue that could prevent the media player from finding MP3 files on an SD card.
Fixed an issue that could prevent audio from playing after powering on from ignition.
Fixed an issue with repetitive prompts to restart the device after a software update.
Improved software stability.

Which version of the Nav VI are you using? The ‘old’ version of the Nav VI or the ‘new’ version, released last month?

On boot up, do you see: Make Life a Ride? It apparently appears on the new model sixes.

Which software version are you using?

Where did you find this icon? Can you find it again?

What were you doing to make the icon appear?

Can you take a shot of the screen, showing it in sequence, please.

Did the twin arrow icon look like this?

576099a3eefb0668d9264ad833488813.jpg

Has anyone else with a Navigator VI seen - or better still, used - the ‘two arrow’ icon?

I have tried my best to find it and / or force it to appear on my (old model) Nav VI but haven’t managed to do it.

Here’s an odd thing.

A Google search of ‘BMW Navigator VI split screen’ turns up a website that appears to detail the function:

bc3dc4667a9209aae72e75f8ffe413d3.png

But, going to the website, I can’t see the words repeated anywhere.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/w...on1/navigator-vi.html#/section-technical-data

OP do you have your Nav VI linked to some app or other on your phone, that might offer up a split screen? Are you definitely using a BMW branded Navigator VI?

I guess he’s busy pondering the twin arrows that have appeared on his Navigator 6?

For what it’s worth, I have a twin arrows icon on my device….. but that is a Garmin 785 ‘Camper’ (a device designed to use in motorhomes) not a Navigator 6.

09c88c2732dfbebd0cab0aa5d28a0314.png

Nothing at all from the OP and nobody else reporting similar twin arrows / split screen on their Na VI’s.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom