Wunderlinq

Shredder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got an email from Nippy Normans about the Wunderlinq. I am guessing I am not alone in this, and wondered what others thought.

I think from an initial look I still want a New Nav 6 for a few reasons.

Does anybody have a Wunderlinq?

I have one -

It does what you ask it to do within the parameters of it's operating system.

To use it there are some min requirements

You must have Nav prep on your bike as a minimum, if you nav nev prep pro, all the options should work

You need a phone or tablet running either ios xx or Android 6 or higher

The wonderlinq dongle sits in the nav mount in place of the factory or 3rd party compatible nav unit

It basically allows you to use a compatible phone or tablet as your nav & media device with the wonderwheel controller.

However given the drop in price of NavVI units its not such a deal breaker any more

Wonderlinq £200

Compatible phone ( assuming you dont have one) £200

Phone to wonderlinq or hadlebar mount £40

Thats £440

You can pick up a discounted Nav Vi for between £355- £455 if you shop around

I had a go with it but it didn’t do what I needed so moved it on.

I’m now using Tabnav - a Samsung “rugged” ooer tab with Carpe Iter bar controller and drive mode dashboard software which does what I need.

But probably not for folks who want to keep the whiz wheel.

I suspect BMW are just about to ditch separate nav units and run everything off the screen.

I’m now using Tabnav - a Samsung “rugged” ooer tab with Carpe Iter bar controller and drive mode dashboard software which does what I need.

I suspect BMW are just about to ditch separate nav units and run everything off the screen.

The latest RT has the full screen TFT with the phone and Nav integrated into that display
The GS will be next on its midlife update

Hi Nin ,

Yes to the latter , allready staritn to appear on some models

What rugged tab are you using ?

I tried the Nexus 7 - good but only rugged in an otterbox ( and no mount solution available )
Galaxy tab active - good, but not compatible with the wonderliq dongle -
Just waiting on an active tab 2 to arrive to have a play with that ;)

Hi Nin ,

Yes to the latter , allready staritn to appear on some models

What rugged tab are you using ?

I tried the Nexus 7 - good but only rugged in an otterbox ( and no mount solution available )
Galaxy tab active - good, but not compatible with the wonderliq dongle -
Just waiting on an active tab 2 to arrive to have a play with that ;)

Hi Santa - I use the Galaxy tab, on a Brodit charging holder, and Carpe Iter Bluetooth controller.

On the airhead I’ll fit the wired controller which gives a bit more functionality.

Like this but have since removed the nav 6 backup

IMG_1497.jpg
IMG_1496.jpg
IMG_1766.jpg

I use a short arm ram mount, so the tab sits over the nav6 , I went for the side feed mount, which locks at the end

Is that a tab 2 or 3 ?

It’s a tab2 I think, the earlier version doesn’t run the most recent DMD software.

Thanks for the info

Thank you all who have taken the time to reply.

I purchased a new Nav 6 yesterday. I think as others do that possibly GPS units will be replaced by larger TFT’s with better connectivity in the new few years, however although the screen on my new GS already connects to it App etc, I like having a dedicated Sat Nav.

From what I’ve read , it’s a genius product and clearly the software is under development . I have a NavV , and love it for multi waypoint functionality , so not for me yet, but for other luddites, like me , it offers a time jump into TFT functionality with Google maps , Waze etc . Possibly future front/rear camera functionality all controlled by the Wonderwheel . I’m trying to see what’s not to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52e5bfe6052690a154644232b80c0a29.jpg

I post this in jest, but this Wonderlinq should permit the use of a network equipped iPad ( because it works via Bluetooth to iOS and also provides power)
The day of the ‘Tesla type screen’ is here now
Let’s see who is first to see one out and about

52e5bfe6052690a154644232b80c0a29.jpg

I post this in jest, but this Wonderlinq should permit the use of a network equipped iPad ( because it works via Bluetooth to iOS and also provides power)
The day of the ‘Tesla type screen’ is here now
Let’s see who is first to see one out and about

It allready does ?

Tabnav see My & Nin's posts

We use Android, but nothing to stop you using an ipad.

Longevity is the key ;)

Back
Top Bottom