ZFE Unit

Halfa1200

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues or heard of issues with the ZFE Unit ?.
Took the plugs out when servicing and they were fine. Since then my 2013 F700GS has on the occasion decide to cut out or run rough for a few seconds then the engine stops. I switch off the ignition then switch it on and sometimes get a red triangle on the instrument panel, which then goes to orange then goes out. Bike then starts and the engine is fine. Had the bike since new and just coming to 50K.

Halfa 1200

The ZFE controls chassis electrics and not engine management. The ECU that does engine management has the designation BMSK.

I second that. If running issues = BMSK-P likely. Not ZFE. Although this issue could be anything… not necessary the ECU, particularly if you had work done. Re-trace the steps or the diags would really the best next step, i agree.
Good luck.

Just spent the last week touring around Northumberland and the bike has covered just over 600 miles. There has been no problems. Have been using premium petrol not the cheaper alternative. Perhaps that has cleared the problem. Will have to wait and see.

Not meaning to be condescending in any way, but a bike is not an animal, and a technical issue will not fix it self, even if the bike runs fine for now.

I humbly suggest for OP to get a fault code readout as the next step and find out what has been the problem.

Otherwise, there is a chance that the issue will reappear at the most inconvenient time and place.

It is good advice to get fault codes. The only issue is that it is the BMSK-p that stores fault codes. So if the bmsk-p is deciding to crash, or reboot, it will often not store a code. It is worth remembering that. And yes, do get the codes, as suggested.

Bike went in for a service and found that there were no fault code, however there was a split in the rubber between the air box and the injector body. Rubber has been replaced and bile running fine.

Back
Top Bottom