Klim Badlands VS Klim Kodiak

If you’re willing to spend Klim money and want laminated road kit, Rukka is your go-to option. Pricey but top quality…

Have you tried claiming on their ‘warranty’ ?

Hi, I did look at the Rallye kit but I definitely want a suit that has a waterproof outer layer and not a liner type one. I should look at the RST stuff I guess.

The new BMW Ralleye suit has an outer waterproof line I believe. I love mine, The inner liner version, as it is so cool with the vents all open… but you will get called a Twat for wearing a twat suit…:D

Lucky you.

Quite possibly but my experience of Rukka suits has been that they are bulletproof. By contrast my Traverse troos sprang a leak at the crotch (dealt with under warranty) and two of the cord zip pulls on my Badlands jacket and one of the leg zips on the troos broke. ABS fixed it but I suspect Klim weren’t involved.

The new BMW Ralleye suit has an outer waterproof line I believe. I love mine, The inner liner version, as it is so cool with the vents all open… but you will get called a Twat for wearing a twat suit…:D

That would be quite apt. :D
I did look on the Motorrad website and it said they come with a waterproof liner which can be worn on the inside or outside. Too much faffing about I reckon.

I don’t believe there is another manufacturer out there with a warranty that comes anywhere near Klim. They offer lifetime guarantee on their clothing and it’s a piece of cake to claim. My Badlands Pro trousers are currently being evaluated for a repair or replace claim and they are 6 years old. I only put the claim in as the lining behind the front zip came apart. They are not only checking the stitching but also checkin the gore-tex for waterproofing… If it fails they will replace them, not sure Rukka, BMW or any others would do that after 6 years…
It’s expensive but worth every penny…..

I don’t believe there is another manufacturer out there with a warranty that comes anywhere near Klim. They offer lifetime guarantee on their clothing and it’s a piece of cake to claim. My Badlands Pro trousers are currently being evaluated for a repair or replace claim and they are 6 years old. I only put the claim in as the lining behind the front zip came apart. They are not only checking the stitching but also checkin the gore-tex for waterproofing… If it fails they will replace them, not sure Rukka, BMW or any others would do that after 6 years…
It’s expensive but worth every penny…..
Yeah, that’s the sort of factory back up I’m after. Good to hear. Thanks. :thumb2

Ok, I can see the benefits that both suits have to offer but would appreciate some opinions of people who have had both. :bow
I’m wanting to get some heated clothing which is swaying me towards the Badlands because that suit doesn’t come with any type of under jacket. Would I need heated clothing if I got the Kodiak one though? :nenau I’m going to be going to Scandinavia a lot in the next few years and think I may need it. I don’t mind riding in the cold but don’t want to get even colder whilst I’m riding.
How do the two suits compare in warmer weather too? Which one has the better venting?
Also, which one is better for someone that is a bit on the porky side? :D.

Ta. :thumb2

Never owned the BADLANDS but have had a Kodiak for a few months. You’ll deffo need to size up if you’re going to layer up. It’s a snug but great fit. I also have a Rallye jacket and the Rallye certainly vents really well and you get the rain jacket with it. You can layer up the Rallye without sizing up. The Kodiak also vents well, but being laminate you’re good in the wet. I have a Klim Induction which is simply great in the current UK climate. I’ve also sadly crashed in this jacket and it performed very well. And finally, I have a Halvarssons Prime jacket which makes a greater Autumn / Winter jacket and great for layering up/down.

And thats issue, unfortunately one jacket doesn’t do it all, but if I could only have one jacket I’d go for the Kodiak, but I’d size up by one size.

If you’re a bit porky though, the trousers will be interesting.

I should add that the Kodiak trousers are a bit of nightmare though. The differential in their sizes are huge; not so the jackets.

Example; my Rallye trousers are a 54 and they’re a nice comfy fit (a little too generous possibly).
I tried the Kodiak 54’s and no way would they go. Tried the 56’s and they were still too snug. Went up to a 58 and they hung off me.

Halvarssons 54 are spot on.

I got an email last night from Motolegends who advise that they are now receiving Klim stock.

Never owned the BADLANDS but have had a Kodiak for a few months. You’ll deffo need to size up if you’re going to layer up. It’s a snug but great fit. I also have a Rallye jacket and the Rallye certainly vents really well and you get the rain jacket with it. You can layer up the Rallye without sizing up. The Kodiak also vents well, but being laminate you’re good in the wet. I have a Klim Induction which is simply great in the current UK climate. I’ve also sadly crashed in this jacket and it performed very well. And finally, I have a Halvarssons Prime jacket which makes a greater Autumn / Winter jacket and great for layering up/down.

And thats issue, unfortunately one jacket doesn’t do it all, but if I could only have one jacket I’d go for the Kodiak, but I’d size up by one size.

If you’re a bit porky though, the trousers will be interesting.

The Badlands and the Kodiak are very different fits, traditionally Klim have designed their bike gear more in line with off road riding and as such a lot of their kit fits slightly looser. The Kodiak was the first suit they introduced that is geared more towards the touring world and not the off road world hence the fit is slightly more snug...

To be honest if i was buying a new suit now i'd go for the kodiak as the off roading i do is minimal and i think the Kodiak would fit slightly better. My Badlands Pro jacket is fine but the trousers are a little baggy...

Either way their clothing comes with the lifetime warranty regardless of the model you buy...

Ok thanks. I’m a bit of a porker and 6’1” so I may not suit the Kodiak cut. :D
I’m hoping the Adventure Bike Shop will have both suits in stock for me to try on.

Went and got my Badlands suit today from the Adventure Bike Shop. :thumb2
Didn’t have the jacket in the right size but that’ll be in Monday. Brilliant service and can’t fault them at all! :thumb2 :clap

Back
Top Bottom