Importing from the UK

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has imported a bike since the introduction of the new post Brexit rules? How bad is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure in which order........VRT (as usual), VAT and Duty.

Word on the street is an extra 30% as well as the VRT

S20 5G sent this......

Think it’s vrt as usual. 23% vat and 10% customs. That with transport/travel costs changes everything. Did some rough sums the other day and it was a non runner

Not so bad from Northern Ireland. JJH
Yeah, the same old rules apply for bikes from NI... (as long as they are Northern Ireland registered)
Much, much smaller pool to fish in though.

S20 5G sent this......

So nobody has actually brought one in then? Should have been clearer in my question, enquiring about imports from the UK, but not including any imports from Northern Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to throw a Spanner in the Works , If you can prove your Vehicle has Vat , paid , its the Difference due .
A lotta Hassle , but worth it

I don't think it matters because the UK is not a memer state of the EU anymore (sorry for pointing out the obvious)

New question!

If i buy a jacket from charles hurst posted south, is it subject to vat/duty?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

New question!

If i buy a jacket from charles hurst posted south, is it subject to vat/duty?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fist of all; Why would you buy a jacket from (Spit) Charles (spit) (Hurst (Spit)?

Regardless, The North of Ireland is still in the Common Customs Area, so the answer is no.

On to another query: If the bike was registered in Northern Ireland before 31/12/2020, then it can be imported into the E.U. without paying Vat.
If registered in Northenr Ireland after 01/01/2021, then VAT is payable.

Not bikes but I couldn’t resist 2 items recently and I bought them. Expecting a hit of duty or tax of some kind. Items arrived no problems. Can I go back to my old ways? JJH

Back
Top Bottom