Handlebar risers and usb socket

Swansea Jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got risers to fit 2005 Gs if not what ones should I get,also no din socket so where should I source a usb socket for the phone.
Thanks

Has anyone got risers to fit 2005 Gs if not what ones should I get,also no din socket so where should I source a usb socket for the phone.
Thanks

Have you got the din socket under the seat. If so run wires from it and fit one in the place for it on the left side of the beak by the side of the tank. This way it'll still turn off with the canbus.

Pretty sure I have some spare risers, they are the type that rise and set back quite a bit, I also have another similar pair fitted to another bike you could sit on for the feel of it, and I am just down the road from you. I also have 3 I think USB's fitted you can look at for idea's.

Have you got the din socket under the seat. If so run wires from it and fit one in the place for it on the left side of the beak by the side of the tank. This way it'll still turn off with the canbus.

If it’s like my 2012, you may find it challenging to source a USB socket that will fit in the pre-drilled hole in the metal plate under the front fairing plastic. On mine there is a hole on both sides in the metal plate which I assume is for a BMW DIN socket (which, BTW, oddly can be sourced from a Caterpillar heavy equipment store here in the US). That hole is smaller than any of the third-party flush-mount USB sockets I’ve looked at; and I didn’t want to take on enlarging that existing hole.

I ended up zip-tying a USB block under the fairing closer to the front, and running the wires back to the battery. Worked fine. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom