New to the twin cam oil heads

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, after many years of abusing the hexheads…….I’ve now bought one.

Obviously it’s not a patch on the far superior 1150 ……. but it is rather good :D:green gri

Let the farkling begin :blast

Welcome...;-)
You for elaborate on which model you've bought.

Good call to miss out the Jinxed 1200s and go straight to a Decent bike even by BM's development standards

Enjoy Phil!!

... he's feckin' noisy though ;)

Sorry :p

Its funny, the bike is exactly as I remember the 12, lighter steering, a less planted front end that you ‘trust’ rather than know (like the 1150).

The engine is spritely, but it’s not a whole heap more than a well set up 1150, but sooooo much smother and quicker to Rev, I suppose it’s much lighter internally than the 1150.

The suspension is a different level though (although mine has Wilbers esa), it’s 1970 sofa soft on comfort, and tight and controlled on Sport.

Overall I’d liken it to coming home and finding your old sofa has been swapped for a new one, but your bum divot has been pre bedded in. It’s not the same as your old one, but there is a familiarity to it and it makes you feel at ease.

Just got to get used to leaning over again since riding the Harley.

I was a little unsure about moving from the 1150... I'm now calling my 2011 the best bike I've ever had...

It's best one up - I guess the water cooled motor fixes that one with the extra hp - but it rides wonderfully fully loaded two up or solo. It's light enough to wheel around off the bike when with full panniers. Best of all, I just haven't really had to fix it since I've had it. Just cleaning and oil changes. Ok, one or two bits of minor maintenance (fork seals, alarm battery, steering bearings, shocks refurb - but that's it in 4yrs)

Enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I love my 2012!
Re farkling, get a decent seat, maybe some crash bars, a side stand foot enlarger, an upgraded headlight, and go ride. Have fun.

Decent seat……check
Side stand enlarger…….check
Crash bars…….check
Upgraded headlights……..on the list along with LED bulbs in the spots

Already has wilbers shocks so that’s another thing off the list :thumby:

Attachments

• CB21C052-BBBF-4EA8-87EC-D8739AC5D852.jpg
    CB21C052-BBBF-4EA8-87EC-D8739AC5D852.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 261
Looks good,,,,
Apart from that fucking hideous screen:hide:hide

Funny you should say that….

Whilst it is very protective and there is no buffeting, it is too tall (previous owner was taller than me), I have the standard screen and will be fitting it back on to the bike this weekend :D

I am trying to find a reasonably priced tinted standard style screen and winglets if anyone knows a good source.

Funny you should say that….

Whilst it is very protective and there is no buffeting, it is too tall (previous owner was taller than me), I have the standard screen and will be fitting it back on to the bike this weekend :D

I am trying to find a reasonably priced tinted standard style screen and winglets if anyone knows a good source.

Personally I wouldn't fit a tinted adventure screen. I do find that I'm looking through it a fair bit at the road and a tinted screen would take that view away. PS I'm six four so not a short arse either. Unless you're going to run it in a less upright position.

Personally I wouldn't fit a tinted adventure screen. I do find that I'm looking through it a fair bit at the road and a tinted screen would take that view away. PS I'm six four so not a short arse either. Unless you're going to run it in a less upright position.
I’m quite long in the body, but I’m not sure how at 6’4” you end up looking through the screen.

I’ve fitted it and I am towering over the stock screen even at max upright!

Back
Top Bottom