Tarps.

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, so what are the best brands to look at for size, weight ( lack of ), and waterproofness?
I’ve had a quick look at DD ones and they seem pretty good along with Skjold ones. Any others to be looking at? :nenau
Which types have the best / strongest fixings too?

Also did a search back through here but couldn’t find much.
Ta.

Recently bought a 3m and a 4m Robins tarps, very good quality but not the cheapest.

Poles are extra.

Look no further than Hilleberg and their adjustable poles.

Not cheap but well made, so you’ll get a decent price when you sell them on.

Then watch some videos on how to set tarps up…. And practice before you set off.

PS Are you taking your bike to a weigh bridge… and taking a trailer? :D :beerjug:

Then watch some videos on how to set tarps up…. And practice before you set off.

PS Are you taking your bike to a weigh bridge… and taking a trailer? :D :beerjug:

No. :D The tarp is for a different hollibob and not Iceland. :thumb2
I’m getting a hammock for the Scandinavia jaunt and need a tarp to go over the top. That’s why I bought the Exped Downmat 9LW last week because it’ll fit in either of the two hammocks I’m getting. :thumb2
I dare to mention that on here cos you know who will cum in his pants! :D

I've got a DD 3 x 3.

A lot of hammockers use this as it's versatile stand alone and will suit hammock coverage.

I've got a DD 3 x 3.

A lot of hammockers use this as it's versatile stand alone and will suit hammock coverage.

Ok thanks. The hammock is fractionally over 2m long. Is having 50cm at either end going to be enough coverage to stop me getting wet? :nenau
Not having had a hammock or tarp before I have no clue.

All sounds very interesting :thumb2
What’s the plan for Scandinavia ,,,, ?

No. :D The tarp is for a different hollibob and not Iceland. :thumb2
I’m getting a hammock for the Scandinavia jaunt and need a tarp to go over the top. That’s why I bought the Exped Downmat 9LW last week because it’ll fit in either of the two hammocks I’m getting. :thumb2
I dare to mention that on here cos you know who will cum in his pants! :D

If it's Scandinavia in the summer I'd make sure I had a mozzie net over the hammock before the tarp goes over.

All sounds very interesting :thumb2
What’s the plan for Scandinavia ,,,, ?

Hanging about in some trees! :D
The plan is to go up through Sweden and across to the Lofoten islands in Norway for about 3/4 weeks getting away from as many people as possible. :thumb2 Wild camping nearly every night somewhere picturesque and remote. :thumb2 Hence the hammock and tarp and the dried meal testing. :D

Has Arsey recommended anything yet ? :D:D:D

No, not yet but I’m sure the retard will be along shortly. :blast. He seems to be following me about at the moment like a little lost puppy. Its like he’s got some sort of man crush on me, fucking faggot, but sorry, I’m not like that. I’m sure he’ll get bored eventually and try to pick on someone else. :nenau
Anyhow, unless it’s anything to do with posh hotels and credit cards I’m sure he won’t have a clue. :thumb2
In the wilds for weeks on end on his own? Can’t see fly boy doing that! He’d have no one to show off to. :blast

Anyhow, back to tarps.:thumb2
Those Alpkit ones look good. Shit loads of fixing points. :thumb2

I like watching the really lovely Claire Beare and her tarp ( and other camping adventures)

https://youtu.be/OEO7CJwe7qo

Not for me though with all of those insects flying around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is probably the only advice you'll need on this topic!

I've tried a few different tarps over the years and now the only one I bother with is my Hilleberg Tarp 10 (but I am biased as I have three of their tents too!)

If it's Scandinavia in the summer I'd make sure I had a mozzie net over the hammock before the tarp goes over.

The two hammocks I’m undecided between both have mozzie nets built on as standard. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom