Holan - beware

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have bought a few things from Holan in the past. It been quite good gear, but delivery has always been poor and it’s been impossible to get any kind of response from them.

However. I’ve alway got the gear in the end and so when I wanted crash bars for my HP2E, their being not many choices, I went ahead and ordered the crash bars, an oil cooler guard, a handlebar cross brace and for good measure some helicopter tape.

That was in May. On 8th June, I got an email asking for a phone number for the courier and a couple of days later I got a DHL email with a tracking number. I tracked the package to the UK, where it arrived June 15, then nothing more. I went on holiday on the 18th, but I was still picking up email so I could pay any custom charges, but forgot about it while I was away. Got back early July, check the tracking details, no change since the 15th June, and the DHL link for question took me to DHL Germany page in German, which I translated and said first contact the vendor in case of problems.

I emailed Holan direct, filled in the web form, all several times, called and left messages for about a week, no response so after a week I emailed to ask if they would please respond otherwise I would open a PayPal dispute. No response so 2-3 days later I did open a dispute. Still no response.

Then on Friday the package turned up, but was incomplete - no helicopter tape, so I updated the dispute to say goods arrived but in a damaged box and incomplete.

Holan then just updated this with a tracking number, no other info, then a couple of days later with some aggressive wording to the effect I should make a claim on the Courier- can’t do since a) I have no contract with the courier and b) the courier website states very clearly to contact the vendor.

Lots more but basically they are saying it’s my job to get my €10.95 back from DHL and that I should have emailed them pictures of the damaged box, etc. etc.

Luckily I have the main part of the shipment, but caveat emptor with Holan - if there’s a problem with the gear or it gets lost, you’re on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have never let me down but their communication is crap ;)

They have never let me down but their communication is crap ;)

Have you ever had a lost delivery or warranty claim?

I think that’s the point here, I’ve ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, it takes ages (weeks or months) to arrive but it always has arrived. But as soon as there’s any kind of problem then you’re stuffed.

It’s not just the lack of communication, it’s that they are completely unwilling to help to resolve the problem - clearly in this case, they think it’s not their problem as they shipped the goods and couldn’t care less that they weren’t delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom