First Gs

Blairbiker

Reaction score
I've just found the newbie section ,only been on here for over a year! got my 1250 last Feb just before the first lockdown, I'm loving it probably the best handling bike I've had, i've put a question re tyres on another thread,but i'll stick it here too, i'm loving the A41s but looking for a sports touring tyre that will give me better mileage ,the rear I'm happy with as I'm getting about 4.5k out of it, but the front is only lasting 3k.which sport touring tyre would you recommend that gives good grip & will have better mileage

Dunlop Pilot Road Trail 4 or 5 depending upon what's available. I usually go to Strathearn Tyres in Creiff.

You're doing well to get 4.5K out of a rear. I usually find that although there might be a bit of tread left, the handling goes to pot with about 3K on the rear.

Thanks Schtum, i will have a look at the Dunlops, yeah I'm pretty impressed with getting 4.5 out of the rear although it's well into the wear bar, it's more the front I'm bothered about, I'm not used to it wearing out long before the rear, it seems to be a GS thing? I've been doing a bit of googling but there doesn't seem to be one make that's standing out, If 3k is the norm for a front I'll probably stick with the A41s as they have been great, it's only once you reach the wear bar that the handling goes off a bit

Thanks Schtum, i will have a look at the Dunlops, yeah I'm pretty impressed with getting 4.5 out of the rear although it's well into the wear bar, it's more the front I'm bothered about, I'm not used to it wearing out long before the rear, it seems to be a GS thing? I've been doing a bit of googling but there doesn't seem to be one make that's standing out, If 3k is the norm for a front I'll probably stick with the A41s as they have been great, it's only once you reach the wear bar that the handling goes off a bit

Ignore that. I've no idea which strange recess of my mind the "Dunlop" bit came from. Michelin Pilot Road Trail. https://www.michelin.co.uk/motorbike/tyres/michelin-road-5-trail

Back
Top Bottom