GSPD Value

Mark H-W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In the early stages of looking for a tidy R100GS PD. Ive had a brief look and they appear to be attracting high prices.
What is a realistic price that i would be expected to pay for a tidy example.

Should anybody happen to have such an example!!

Mark

Here in EU they are getting 30+ years old now and at this age they are becoming officialy oldtimers and that status is followed by pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Dust...Few people here have them. Be prepared to move fast and have cash ready, lost a nice ST few years ago. But managed to get a beautiful 95' RT at a bargain price. For 3 months I hunted.

There is a chap here mikeyboy who restores air heads, he is amazing https://www.instagram.com/overland.and.classic/?hl=en talk to him. There is this guy, but his prices are mental http://bamw.co.uk/about

Question is have you ever had one? If not you are wise to try one. You may hate it :D.

Price wise, I rather pay top $ for a fully refurbished bike from someone who does it for a living.

I’ve ridden many airheads. It all very sad �� but I love riding them.

In the early stages of looking for a tidy R100GS PD. Ive had a brief look and they appear to be attracting high prices.

Mark

You couldn’t get ANY better than Mikeyboy’s latest!
Lovely colour combo too!
(Mikeyboy fettled my R100GS - super happy with it!!!)

Mikeyboy’s PD is a jolly awesome bike, but will be too many pennies for me :comfort

Mark

So what’s your budget?

realistic price ,id say most people would want at least 5 grand for something half decent more often than not 6 or 7. really really nice ones go for more . possibly / probably my all time favourite bike . but with the rose tinted specs off I prefer riding newer bikes but wouldn't want to be without a para GS in the shed . :okay

Thank you all for the input. 12k a tad too high for me. As I intend on riding it through all weathers I think a mid price ranged GS PD would be best suited. Thank Again

I know of a very tidy red R100GS (not PD) 1991 Paralever for sale, I think around the 5.5K mark. PM me if interested..

I know of a very tidy red R100GS (not PD) 1991 Paralever for sale, I think around the 5.5K mark. PM me if interested..

Wonder what my 5k mile 1992 R100GS is now worth. .... about 15 years ago I put it up for sale on UKGSer for £2500. Had a couple of sniffs and a serious time waster that i decided to keep it :D

R100gspd

I’m with mike re values. The problem with a “cheap” one is, it can very quickly become an expensive one.
Re Mike’s new one, 12k for a new GSPD seems reasonable, a new 1250 will be 20k plus and will only be worth 12k in three years.

Attachments

• 7D969825-080A-412F-9192-CA2B3D84589F.jpg
    7D969825-080A-412F-9192-CA2B3D84589F.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 299
I’m with mike re values. The problem with a “cheap” one is, it can very quickly become an expensive one.
Re Mike’s new one, 12k for a new GSPD seems reasonable, a new 1250 will be 20k plus and will only be worth 12k in three years.

Been looking at a few bike over in europe , seem to remember that you brought over a nice g/s . Is the import process very difficalt ?

Back
Top Bottom