TKC 70 reviews ?

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have some TKC 80s on my urban and love the look but will soon be needing to reboot. Been looking for a aggressive "look" tyre but need more road friendly manners and a little more life. Some recommend TKC 70 and/or TKC 70 rocks but has anyone tried them and if so what are they like on the road ?

TKC70 Great in dry and wet.

Have used on 1200, 1150, 100PD.

No probs. Some have had a few probs, but not heard anything lately, so they may have improved production.

Edit, not seen the 'Rocks' before. They look alright too.

I used the TKC70’s for 40,000 miles on my 800GS. They seemed to grip OK, I did a couple of sessions at a track day with no concerns, and they lasted well.
About 10 to 11,000 although the fronts tended to ‘step’ a fair bit from about 8 or 9000 ish.
They dealt with the high temperatures and aggressive road surfaces in Australia.
Shit in sand though….obviously!!

I have some TKC 80s on my urban and love the look but will soon be needing to reboot. Been looking for a aggressive "look" tyre but need more road friendly manners and a little more life. Some recommend TKC 70 and/or TKC 70 rocks but has anyone tried them and if so what are they like on the road ?

Michelin Anakee Adventure - road biased, great handling in wet and dry, but have an off road look....not overly aggressive though.

I wouldn't use the Rocks if you don't plan to take your bike offroad.
The rear doesn't last as long as the standard ones if used mostly on tarmac.

I put a set of Rocks under my GS last year while in Italy because I was thinking of taking the bike offroad. But I didn't at all and "ate" most of the rear through central Italy, the Dolomites and the way back to the UK. Standard 70ies lasted way more on similar routes the year before.

Apart from that, I'm on my third set of 70s and they are honest tyres with more than decent grip on tarmac and, in my opinion, a bit more "directional" than other similar type of tyres when offroad. They would be a good choice for you.

Tourances, or Trial Riders

Both have very good handling wet or dry,

The tournaces, take substantially longer to bed in as opposed to the Trailriders

Once there bedded in, you can hoon to your hearts content

I keep on looking at the Dunlop Mutants - any users on here?

I used TKC 70 and TKC70 Rocks rear on my recent jaunt to the Western Isles, I like them a lot. Good on tarmac wet and dry and fine on the few miles of gravel. Covered about 1500 miles and still look good.

Mind this was on an HP2E so 50kg lighter than a lardy GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom