R1200GSA value?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I agree with all the comments about the price 👍

For now, due to COVID, I’ve decided to keep using it for now. Straight through the MOT yesterday so it must be a sign.

I’ll have to treat that rust now …..😩

Thanks. That’s exactly the price I was thinking of. Perhaps a bit less. £5.5k is what decent ones appear to be going for. 👍

By the way, front engine cover is not expensive to buy. Bit of a faff to replace though.

I make no judgement about how one looks after and cares for one’s awesome but this does exhibit the difference in retained value from spending a little time cleaning it and the “me, I just ride it” side of the fence

By the way, front engine cover is not expensive to buy. Bit of a faff to replace though.

I tried to buy one about 7or8 years ago. Couldn't get one for my 06 anywhere at the time. BMW had none in Europe anywhere.
Mikeyboy took it off and powder coated it for me what doing a service. Been pretty good ever since.

Yeah, i totally get it and agree. My problem is the bike gets used daily for commuting all year round. Compounded by the fact that i don't wash/clean cars that often either, I'm just not into it/don't have the time.... :blagblah

that said i have used ACF50 in the past, but the results are never great. however, i would not have expected that amount of corrosion - its the worst i've seen on any bike i've owed over the past 25 years.

The GSA ( Black) frames seem to corrode more than the GS ( silver) frames.
The black is so thin and soft it feels more like a primer.
The silver frames have the silver applied over a black primer ?
The worst corrosion appears to be where the water gets trapped ie under the seat mounting brackets etc.
A good coating of ACF50 every 6 months seems to keep the corrosion at bay, the aerosol is a waste of time I mist it on with a cheap touch up gun at 150 psi and it gets everywhere. Don`t forget to mask up the discs first and give them a wipe over with brake cleaner..

Well, it’s taken two years but the bike has been replaced and will be listed on here shortly, and then eBay. The amount I’ll take reflects the condition … 😉

Back
Top Bottom