I'm back thinking of an XT1200Z

Make sure you get mirror extenders suitable for a Yamaha as yoyo has said, one is RH thread and the other is LH thread. You can also get them from eBay.

Funnily enough

I bought this yesterday,been and looked at it today, collect it on Tuesday, 90 miles on the clock 😳

Attachments

• D332F81D-706B-4E35-BEAA-483A4F9B8DED.jpg
    D332F81D-706B-4E35-BEAA-483A4F9B8DED.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 377
I had a world crosser for two or three years. Brilliant bike for Euro trips, absolute battleship for scratching, yes I know they weren't built for that but I got rid of mine due to it's weight. To me it was always overweight and under powered though wasn't slow just felt to heavy for it's power.

The main seat lent forward into the tank which was tad uncomfortable but bigger under seat grommets sorted that. Wind noise was fucking horrific but as above, the Givi airflow solved that but christ it was an ugly screen.

I'm buying one too... Went for a higher mileage one but it looks mint and has a great history... Also it comes with most of the extras I thought i would want already fitted... Will update the thread... Ironically, my R1150RT just seems to be running better and better...:D Keeping it though so it shouldn't get mardy...

I really like the S10

There is plenty of power for normal street riding and once you have got the screen sorted you will find the sensation of speed deceptive......you'll be going faster than you think. Comfy and VERY reliable. I'm now on my fourth (1st = ex demonstrator swapped in after 2 years of a Worldcrosser. That was a keeper until an elderly Gent took me out when he was turning right. Enter my ZE model in 2015...the most unreliable....a headlight bulb blew at 38k! At 48k I traded it because it needed a BIG service, new tyres etc and, most importantly. new ones are no longer available due to not meeting Euro 5. It was a case of buying a pre reg one now whilst they are still available.

Luckily the dealer (Wigan Yam) offered to transfer all my extras from the old bike to the new.

Here she is in all her glory!

Mike

Attachments

• 8a  Bind Beck 4 June 2021. First Ride.jpg
    8a Bind Beck 4 June 2021. First Ride.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 321
Crikey that must have taken them ages swapping all that lot over 😂… care to list them out in a must have order … 👍
Good health to enjoy your bike young man 👊
I had second thoughts about my second hand one, decided to instead buy (possibly)the very last brand new unregistered Black S10 in the country. It will be on the road from the 1st September. I’ve ordered a black top box and engine bars, I would like a black sumpguard but can’t find one yet ….anyone got any ideas ?

Attachments

• 945EF5E5-8A4A-4F0E-BA2F-6936109C016E.jpg
    945EF5E5-8A4A-4F0E-BA2F-6936109C016E.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 5CC8E29F-D032-4037-B6EE-56F3B9F77A40.jpg
    5CC8E29F-D032-4037-B6EE-56F3B9F77A40.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 296
I got a black Altrider one back in the spring from the Adventure Bike Shop near Sudbury.
XT-first-trip-9-5-21.jpg

2018sm.jpg

Brother in law recently sold his 2013 bike with full World Crosser Kit and numerous other extras fitted, lovely bike to ride with no vices.
I would have had one without a second thought but the wife could never get comfortable on the back of the demos the twice we tried them.
Nearly bought brother in laws bike and got rid of the f800gsa but it went too quickly so bought a tdm900 to play with instead.
Shame Yamaha never developed to model the way they intended to ie an Adventure version wirh taller suspension ,slightly higher power and a larger tank ( was told that by Yamaha UK manager at the NEC in 2015) .
Will wait to see if the MT09 based Tenere appears

Shame Yamaha didn’t see the potential to build a TDM variant, and maybe even a Bulldog variant (both seem to have very loyal followings). And for that matter an R9T competitor, especially after they did the ‘garage built’ thing.

Blacknbluex2 asked:-

'Crikey that must have taken them ages swapping all that lot over ��… care to list them out in a must have order'

The first S10 (demonstrator) came with the Givi AirFlow screen, winglets, Touareg Man on the Tank, larger brake pedal, Spotlights under the headlight and alloy bash plate and I negotiated Givi Trekker Top Box and Panniers and I bought Givi Crash bars and spot lights that mount on the top of the bars, knee tank protectors, headlight protector, sat nav mount and louder horn (Stebel Magnum?)

All these were then transferred to the Worldcrosser which came with carbon fibre side panels. fork protectors little frame protectors, shaft protector, brake protector and a bash plate with a protector for the water pump etc I added the Akropovic (second hand). I then changed the Givi Trekkers for Givi Outback

All of these were then transferred to the bike you see in the picture. I had to replace the tank knee protectors and add a few graphics

Bearing in mind that most of my farkles came with the bikes I bought, if I were starting from scratch again I would certainly buy/source the following

1 After market screen....I do rate the AirFlow
2 Sat Nav Bracket....it's a touring bike
3 Rear Brake enlarger....I like to be able to find both brakes in an emergency,
4 Crash Bars.....the Givi did a great sacrificial job when the Worldcrosser went down
5 Louder Horn....the original is like a squirrel fart
6 Aluminium luggage
7 Headight Protector....have you seen the price of a new one?
8 Spotlights on the crash bars. I like to be seen but it does not always work!!!!!!!
9 Wind deflectors....they seem to do a good job
10 Tank knee pads.....saves scratching the tank

The rest is only for appearance 9although I do like them.

As I said above the Akropovic was second hand.........I believe I could still sell it for what I paid.....would not consider paying the new list price

Hope this answers your question

Mile

Crikey that must have taken them ages swapping all that lot over 😂… care to list them out in a must have order … 👍
Good health to enjoy your bike young man 👊
I had second thoughts about my second hand one, decided to instead buy (possibly)the very last brand new unregistered Black S10 in the country. It will be on the road from the 1st September. I’ve ordered a black top box and engine bars, I would like a black sumpguard but can’t find one yet ….anyone got any ideas ?

That's identical to mine and they look great in the flesh. My neighbour said yesterday that it looked menacing!!

I've got the crash bars and sump guard on their way as a start with pannier rails and MRA screen in the pipeline. I'll be using Mosko soft luggage rather than hard panniers.

Attachments

• Super Ten.jpg
    Super Ten.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 431
Blacknbluex2 asked:-

'Crikey that must have taken them ages swapping all that lot over ��… care to list them out in a must have order'

The first S10 (demonstrator) came with the Givi AirFlow screen, winglets, Touareg Man on the Tank, larger brake pedal, Spotlights under the headlight and alloy bash plate and I negotiated Givi Trekker Top Box and Panniers and I bought Givi Crash bars and spot lights that mount on the top of the bars, knee tank protectors, headlight protector, sat nav mount and louder horn (Stebel Magnum?)

All these were then transferred to the Worldcrosser which came with carbon fibre side panels. fork protectors little frame protectors, shaft protector, brake protector and a bash plate with a protector for the water pump etc I added the Akropovic (second hand). I then changed the Givi Trekkers for Givi Outback

All of these were then transferred to the bike you see in the picture. I had to replace the tank knee protectors and add a few graphics

Bearing in mind that most of my farkles came with the bikes I bought, if I were starting from scratch again I would certainly buy/source the following

1 After market screen....I do rate the AirFlow
2 Sat Nav Bracket....it's a touring bike
3 Rear Brake enlarger....I like to be able to find both brakes in an emergency,
4 Crash Bars.....the Givi did a great sacrificial job when the Worldcrosser went down
5 Louder Horn....the original is like a squirrel fart
6 Aluminium luggage
7 Headight Protector....have you seen the price of a new one?
8 Spotlights on the crash bars. I like to be seen but it does not always work!!!!!!!
9 Wind deflectors....they seem to do a good job
10 Tank knee pads.....saves scratching the tank

The rest is only for appearance 9although I do like them.

As I said above the Akropovic was second hand.........I believe I could still sell it for what I paid.....would not consider paying the new list price

Hope this answers your question

Mile

Thank you, a comprehensive reply and a great looking bike has evolved for you apart from… The screen ……oh my god, please excuse me but that looks like a 3rd world solution… is there nothing else around that will do the job and not look quite so awful :eek::eek:
( I understand we don’t all see things in the same way ) but I’m not sure I could have it looking like that 😳
First job for me will be to ride it, see what it’s like, if it’s very turbulent , take the mirrors off, try that , no change ? Take the screen off see what it’s like naked
If it’s better with no screen get a used one and start cutting bits off and shaping it .
Let it evolve from there and hopefully end up with a solution 👍
Thanks

That's identical to mine and they look great in the flesh. My neighbour said yesterday that it looked menacing!!

I've got the crash bars and sump guard on their way as a start with pannier rails and MRA screen in the pipeline. I'll be using Mosko soft luggage rather than hard panniers.

Great stuff Chris, enjoy, they certainly seem to get good reviews.
What sump guard and is there a choice of mra screens ( I ought to look myself really)?
2 weeks before I get mine and all this nice sunshine 🙄 , i f the weather is kind I’m planning on train there and ride it home 👍
Keep us updated with how you’re getting on with it , good or bad we need to know 👍
Ps I sent you an email the other day, did you get it ?

I really like the S10

There is plenty of power for normal street riding and once you have got the screen sorted you will find the sensation of speed deceptive......you'll be going faster than you think. Comfy and VERY reliable. I'm now on my fourth (1st = ex demonstrator swapped in after 2 years of a Worldcrosser. That was a keeper until an elderly Gent took me out when he was turning right. Enter my ZE model in 2015...the most unreliable....a headlight bulb blew at 38k! At 48k I traded it because it needed a BIG service, new tyres etc and, most importantly. new ones are no longer available due to not meeting Euro 5. It was a case of buying a pre reg one now whilst they are still available.

Luckily the dealer (Wigan Yam) offered to transfer all my extras from the old bike to the new.

Here she is in all her glory!

Mike

Nice tea rooms

I've stopped thinking and now done it... A few weeks in the planning and a 2013 gen1 from those very good folk at Bournemouth Kawasaki... A higher mileage but really spotless and well looked after bike that they sent to Aberdeen for me to pick up this morning straight off the Northlink ferry... 400 miles by evening of a bit of A B n M roads to get to N York's after a rellie visit... Some great roads around the borders and Cumbria... A bit of a play of the ergos during the day and it's going well...
A continued trip to Cornwall via West Wales and back up to Aberdabi and we will be bedded in .. Fun fun...👍 Ps and nearly every other ADV bike today was a GS...🤣

Nice one Wrigsby, there are a few of us Super10 owners in South and West Wales, let us know when you are around this neck of the woods and congratulations on owning motorcycling best keep secret and the most exclusive ADV bike you can buy! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom