Risers

resovoir

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Have a feeling I need risers. I am 6ft 2in but have a long body and normal legs. The handlebars twist back by 11 degrees on the 1250GS so I have adjustment there.
When people have fitted the straight up risers have they noticed much difference and are they better in the twisties?

I’ve just fitted up and back risers to my GSA, I’m not as tall as you (5 11), but I have a bad habit of riding with my arms straight,
the risers help me ride with my arms bent so add comfort and leverage at the bars. I don’t fell they’ve affected the utterly superb
handling at all.

I had Rox risers on my previous Tiger 1200, which whilst great from a sitting position / comfort aspect, made getting the bike on the main stand a bit more difficult (for me at 5' 10") as your arms are up a little more. Strangely with the bars back those 10 degrees and the seat on Low I've not felt the need to fit risers on my GS, finding the position just right

Yes I have the straight up risers on my 1250 GSTE. I had to put them on as the Corbin saddle is firmer and makes me sit slightly higher. This is now a fantastic sitting position and whilst the virus has stopped me going abroad last year and this I feel it will be every bit as comfy on long runs as my 05AC 1200 was.

just be careful, i put risers on mine and im 6,1" i found that it pushed me back on the seat as i was more upright and also made me higher as the seat slopes up. i also found i needed a bigger screen as i caught more wind from being higher behind the screen.

Back
Top Bottom