1250 key fob battery blues

The Burpster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one else fitted a new cr2032 to their key and then had issues with a warning message “KEY NOT WITHIN RANGE” ?

Seems there are CR2032 batteries and CR2032 batteries, dealer no use either blaming the Wunderlich helmet lock (wire loop under seat) or the Corbin seat for weakening the signal...:tosser

So decided to buy a new expensive Energiser Lithium cell and guess what ?

It works as it should.

Who’dve thought paying a couple of quid more for a battery makes that much difference? :doh

Any one else fitted a new cr2032 to their key and then had issues with a warning message “KEY NOT WITHIN RANGE” ?

Seems there are CR2032 batteries and CR2032 batteries, dealer no use either blaming the Wunderlich helmet lock (wire loop under seat) or the Corbin seat for weakening the signal...:tosser

So decided to buy a new expensive Energiser Lithium cell and guess what ?

It works as it should.

Who’dve thought paying a couple of quid more for a battery makes that much difference? :doh

Same here I get the one,s says 10 year on packet, yes more cash but I change automatic after 2 years and never a problem

I’ve been through the pain of this and now will only use Energiser Lithium batteries. I find the are the only ones that last.

I experienced this on the bike anD the car - put it down to old stock batteries in circulation due to COVID

I had brand new batteries failing after just a few days

Funnily enough I got the message and got the dealer to change the battery. Back on the bike still getting the message.

Hold on try the other pocket and never happened again. Looks like the controls from my heated vest were interfering with the signal.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom