Undertank master cylinder repairs

Gelandestrasse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I read a lot about 'sleeving' the undertank master cylinders with a stainless steel liner but only in USA and possibly Australia. Do we have a capability for this in UK? Or any other repair function for these master cylinders?

Tim I asked Mikeyboy about this and he did not know of anybody doing it.
I bought a refit kit and overhauled my master.
It would be interesting if anybody else has any info !

Likewise.
Did an online search on this some time ago and, in the UK at least, re-sleeving/boring a motorbike master cylinder barely gets a mention. Hopefully still available via those 'old school' engineers/bike shops who rely on word of mouth rather than using the internet.?

I used pastparts a few months ago to resleeve mine (17mm bore) and they did a really good job. If I recall it was about £120ish.

sleeving cylinders

I was reading a copy of either a classic car or classic commercial vehicle magazine a few months ago. and saw a engineering company that resleeved master and slave cylinders, on classic vehicles. I wish I had taken details. se if you can have a look at a copy.
do they still let you look through magazines at WH Smiths.

My suburban brake shop does them while you wait, on a capstan head custom made machine.
Last one was $90- plus parts, or 45 quid.
They only stock 11mm kit for BMW's as that is all Brembo fit to the "Short Lever" perches that BMW use - BMW must have to make a special effort to get the wrong diameter kit!

My suburban brake shop does them while you wait, on a capstan head custom made machine.
Last one was $90- plus parts, or 45 quid.
They only stock 11mm kit for BMW's as that is all Brembo fit to the "Short Lever" perches that BMW use - BMW must have to make a special effort to get the wrong diameter kit!

A pity there are not in UK.

Back
Top Bottom