Beeping sound when brakes applied.

Gregford

Reaction score
Hi, I recently joined, bought my first BMW of a genuinely nice and helpful guy of here.
At the moment I am unable to ride the bike due to recovering from surgery so with that in mind
I decided to go over the bike top to bottom give it a good clean ect and familiarize myself with the bike.
Couple of small jobs I wanted to do for my own peace of mind was to inspect the rear brake, drive splines and boot along with the rear wheel bearings ect
During this I removed the rear ABS ? sensor, Replaced the boot and greased up the splines ect all refitted ok I thought and pretty much did the same checking the front end brakes wheel bearings ect
Put everything back as per removal but now when I start the bike up I am getting beeping when I apply front and/or rear brakes and I have now an amber warning light on the dash alongside the obligatory flashing red abs not working light.
Question Have I fitted something wrong? or does this happen when you remove the sensors? I cant ride the bike at the moment to determine anything. Just looking for advice. :bow

Its a 2006 R1200 GSA
just started it up again the Amber Warning light was extinguished for a while then came back on in amber not red then went of again.
Checked both the front and rear wheel sensors just to make sure they were secure and they are.
When I operate either brake I can here the Servo operate, but there is also a beep everytime I operate the front or rear brake lever.

A video to show / hear the noise would be handy,

But you've already identified one problem

"2006 Servo assisted brakes", if i recall you need to be moving for them to calibrate / set hence the amber light

However if as i suspect the servo has thrown a hissy, or is dying /died

then its good and bad news the bad news is repairs if you can get them done are between £200-£400 if i recall

A replacement unit is £800 ex vat and nit inc fitting

The good news is a servoectomy is about 2 hrs labour & £30 odd in parts

and you wont notice the difference :)

Might help if you'd post the area where the bleep is coming from... But in the meantime I'd wait until you can ride the bike before starting to dismantle anything and listening to all the inaccurate voices of doom .

The bikes needs to exceed 3mph for the abs functions to do a 100% self check. That may clear any problems stored. Once you've done that then switch off and start again and get back to us with the results.

Back
Top Bottom