T3 California

I do get the buffeting so will have to try moving the screen up, although it looks neat when down and fitted around the headlight.

Mines now about 900 miles in from Nins rebuild and the engine is loosening nicely, it was very tight initially and c3000 rpm felt as far as it freely wanted to go, now it’s 5000rpm and I’m occasionally stretching it to 6000 with throttle and discovering that there’s still a whole lot more to discover and enjoy on this bike.

My old airhead had a high torque cam so it was quite flat at the top end, those occasional stretches to 6000rpm are showing me that the T3 starts to up its game and give some decent shove for a 40 year old bike. It’s great for drifting along but it can fly when asked :D

Attachments

• 35D230D5-BEF9-402F-BF36-B93F82A1EE68.jpg
    35D230D5-BEF9-402F-BF36-B93F82A1EE68.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 191
Having owned a T3 Cali and now an 850T, I find the latter far more comfy at speed with no screen at all. No problem at 80mph. The normal foot controls are also much nicer to use.

Having owned a T3 Cali and now an 850T, I find the latter far more comfy at speed with no screen at all. No problem at 80mph. The normal foot controls are also much nicer to use.

I might try mine (ex-yours) without the screen.

One's just popped up on Ebay in Poole, which looked interesting, in same road as my son's house, bloke who rebuilt it runs http://www.spannersmotorcycles.com/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334083451124?hash=item4dc8ece8f4:g:tyEAAOSw5Btg6aBv

No connection

s-l1600.jpg

When I was sorting a couple of things on mine I had a few trips with the screen off - It does work rather well without but it does look so right with it on.

You're correct - it just looks right!

On the photo turning thing can't the Boss provide an "edit photo" option to facilitate rotating if necessary similar to his "edit post" option?

I do get the buffeting so will have to try moving the screen up, although it looks neat when down and fitted around the headlight.

Mines now about 900 miles in from Nins rebuild and the engine is loosening nicely, it was very tight initially and c3000 rpm felt as far as it freely wanted to go, now it’s 5000rpm and I’m occasionally stretching it to 6000 with throttle and discovering that there’s still a whole lot more to discover and enjoy on this bike.

My old airhead had a high torque cam so it was quite flat at the top end, those occasional stretches to 6000rpm are showing me that the T3 starts to up its game and give some decent shove for a 40 year old bike. It’s great for drifting along but it can fly when asked :D

So glad that Nin changed out that LED headlamp.

Looks great

On the photo turning thing can't the Boss provide an "edit photo" option to facilitate rotating if necessary similar to his "edit post" option?

All I did was save the photo to my ipad, go to edit, rotate it 360° and then save it (you sometimes need to wiggle it to have the save option)

All I did was save the photo to my ipad, go to edit, rotate it 360° and then save it (you sometimes need to wiggle it to have the save option)

180º?

I never thought to save and re-upload.

Surely a "rotate" option would be handier.

Yes 180° in the case of your picture but when it’s one of my own, even though it looks the right way up on my iPad I do a full 360° Back to the way it was edit and save and it works

The normal foot controls are also much nicer to use.

I prefer the footboards and heel/toe change as i ride wearing my handmade shoes or Italian suede loafers. :D

Yes 180° in the case of your picture but when it’s one of my own, even though it looks the right way up on my iPad I do a full 360° Back to the way it was edit and save and it works

I thought it was just me that has to do that when posting straight from my i-phone :D

Back
Top Bottom