Interceptor, will I find it a bit gutless?

I think you mean Street Twin. The Speed twin is in a different power league to the Enfield. Most people compare the Enfield 650s to the Street Twin. The latest incarnation of the Street Twin puts out more power and is quite nippy when opened up and plenty of farkles for it are available. Only downside of the Street Twin is the low is high seat height which is fine if you’ve got 29 inch inside leg.

I did indeed :blast

He’s made a cracking job of that seat!

+1 .....fantastic :bow:thumb2

Looks great and bejeesus that’s good value !

How long does it take to do?
He gave me a slot and I sent it down to arrive on a Monday, he sent it off back on the Friday .... so 1 week really
Had to wait about 3 weeks for a slot from first enquiry..... he does all sorts of bikes, Harleys , Triumph, classics etc...used to also do cars but now only bikes.

He gave me a slot and I sent it down to arrive on a Monday, he sent it off back on the Friday .... so 1 week really
Had to wait about 3 weeks for a slot from first enquiry..... he does all sorts of bikes, Harleys , Triumph, classics etc...used to also do cars but now only bikes.

Hmmm

Gel seat for my Z900rs would be nice, the logistics could be a bit challenging though at the moment

I'm liking that rear luggage rack, is it a Royal Enfield original part, or aftermarket supplier?

I’ve been kind of busy lately, just caught up with this thread. I do need to test ride it but I usually buy any bike I test ride, it’s just the buzz of a new and different bike. Also thinking Triumph Street Scrambler? I do one proper tour a year but keeping up with my mates on their faster bikes isn’t an issue for me, I just arrive a few minutes after they do.

Gutless, possibly. Charmless, certainly not. I am really enjoying my Interceptor, adequate power, excellent handling and gets interest whenever I stop, including chaps who assure me they had one just the same back in the day. But, I am in the process of getting another bigger bike for longer journeys - won't be selling the Enfield though.

Attachments

• NDF_3369.jpg
    NDF_3369.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 393
What make are those rear shocks? Nice looking bike, I'm torn between one of these and a Moto Guzzi 850 Stone.

Hi Fatal, they are IKON's (KONI replica's) ex Norman Hyde. They compliment the YSS fork internals I fitted for a nice firm and compliant ride and a more traditional look. If you can, get a test ride, I couldn't, but managed a short ride on a bike belonging to a friend of a friend before committing. I love it, but am getting another larger bike for longer distance work.
Steve.

Attachments

• 038AE61B-F23B-4FB2-A74D-1A71B898AA86_1_105_c.jpg
    038AE61B-F23B-4FB2-A74D-1A71B898AA86_1_105_c.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 351
:thumb I had a ride on one last week, I liked it very much. If I get one it will be my local knocking about on bike, and I'll use my T120 Bonny for longer trips (I've got IKONs on that- they made a big difference)

:thumb I had a ride on one last week, I liked it very much. If I get one it will be my local knocking about on bike, and I'll use my T120 Bonny for longer trips (I've got IKONs on that- they made a big difference)

Do you find the T120 a bit of overkill for knocking about on; i was just thinking the Enfield and the Bonnie are pretty similar.

I find the bonny fine for pootling about on, but it has a lot more grunt for the open road, and on the rare occassion I want to be a bit of a hooligan as it's got another 30+ HP.
I agree both the Bonny and the Interceptor are fairly similar, I'm drawn by the 'retro' styling. I'm not too bothered by the lack of a fairing as I tend to keep sub 80mph these days and avoid motorways as much as possible. I've fitted Alpina tubeless wheels to the Bonny so I'm more relaxed about punctures if I'm doing long trips.
There just aren't that many bikes that appeal to me these days, the big adventure bikes are just too big and heavy for me now. My CB500X was a good compromise with regard to the Adventure bike, but I need to sell it to move on to either the Interceptor or the Guzzi 850 stone. I'm finding it difficult to decide, but on price the Interceptor wins.

I find the bonny fine for pootling about on, but it has a lot more grunt for the open road, and on the rare occassion I want to be a bit of a hooligan as it's got another 30+ HP.
I agree both the Bonny and the Interceptor are fairly similar, I'm drawn by the 'retro' styling. I'm not too bothered by the lack of a fairing as I tend to keep sub 80mph these days and avoid motorways as much as possible. I've fitted Alpina tubeless wheels to the Bonny so I'm more relaxed about punctures if I'm doing long trips.
There just aren't that many bikes that appeal to me these days, the big adventure bikes are just too big and heavy for me now. My CB500X was a good compromise with regard to the Adventure bike, but I need to sell it to move on to either the Interceptor or the Guzzi 850 stone. I'm finding it difficult to decide, but on price the Interceptor wins.

Glad to see you've fitted tubless rims to the Bonnie; i had a GS 1000 S sideways one afternoon after what shall we say; a sudden deflation; to this day i will never know how i did'nt end up through the hedge; it left a lasting impression tho;:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom