Interceptor, will I find it a bit gutless?

What a great bike, I have just risen my diseased mates back from Betws y coed this afternoon and it has been a hoot. There is more than enough power for opening up on A & B roads, the set up seems really good and the torque is great for a 650. My only drawback was that I am 6’3” and felt a little bit cramped on the 3and a half hour trip, I also took it on a detour on delivery as I did not want to give it to his son who I was delivering it too. I also think some of the components are not of the greatest quality but still good.

Brilliant value for money

I'm hoping to have one like this by the end of the week, supposedly being PDI'd at the moment.

Attachments

• interceptor sunset strip 1.jpg
    interceptor sunset strip 1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 198
I must be one of the only people who hated the bloody thing. Had one as a loaner whilst a RT of ours was in for some surgery. Had if for 3 days, was not impressed at all. Unlike the Triumph Bonnie I had which I quite liked. But each to their own.

Not here yet. Feck knows how long it takes them to PDI a bike. Have tried to contact the salesman, turns out he's off today. Nobody could give me an update on it. Looks like it'll be next week now. Feckin thing should have arrived mid September, not four weeks later. I'm well pissed off with this now.

Not here yet. Feck knows how long it takes them to PDI a bike. Have tried to contact the salesman, turns out he's off today. Nobody could give me an update on it. Looks like it'll be next week now. Feckin thing should have arrived mid September, not four weeks later. I'm well pissed off with this now.

Millenium Motorcycles by any chance?

Millenium Motorcycles by any chance?

Bang on Tony. I used them as they are fairly local, I may have been better off using a dealer in Bombay and riding it home :D

I received a phone call from the salesman this morning, it will be PDI'd next Monday. They've had it for a week, I was hoping to have it for this weekend. Just as well the weather is crap :(

Bang on Tony. I used them as they are fairly local, I may have been better off using a dealer in Bombay and riding it home :D

I received a phone call from the salesman this morning, it will be PDI'd next Monday. They've had it for a week, I was hoping to have it for this weekend. Just as well the weather is crap :(

Thought as much, not just because they are local to you but because they are owned by MotoGB the importers and they are a bit shit. Not had a good experience with any MotoGB owned dealer but that was the early days not bothered since.
As i have said here before, I use the independant A&D at Denbigh who are brilliant. My new calipers are waiting there for me to collect so i can fit them myself which is my preference. They have not let me down once.

They fucked me about something rotten which is why they didn’t get my money for the first service nor will they get it for any in the future.

Thought as much, not just because they are local to you but because they are owned by MotoGB the importers and they are a bit shit. Not had a good experience with any MotoGB owned dealer but that was the early days not bothered since.
As i have said here before, I use the independant A&D at Denbigh who are brilliant. My new calipers are waiting there for me to collect so i can fit them myself which is my preference. They have not let me down once.

I used Wigan Motorcycles for my first service. They were pretty good, loaned me the bike I wanted and there’s a decent caff about 100 yards away. What’s not to like when you can have a test ride then get a breakfast when your bike is being serviced?

I went to Wigan motorcycles as a prospective purchaser, they are about 10 miles away. The salesman was totally disinterested with my enquiry, he seemed more invested in personal phone calls and kept me waiting for over 20 minutes. I gave up and left. I went to KJM motorcycles at Wrightington, the salesman was somewhat better and I arranged a test ride, but I wasn't happy with the deal he offered. I also went to Preston Motorcycles, salesman OK, and had another test ride. I used Millenium as they are quite near and just a 'free' bus ride away, and the deal was better.
The problem is they are all part of MotoGB, as are many of the motorcycle shops in the northwest. I've bought two bikes previously from Millenium without too much trouble, but I have not been impressed with their aftersales service.

My bike finally arrived on Friday lunchtime. I've managed to do 115miles on it between the deluges of rain. I've added a stainless steel oil cooler guard, some Goop puncture sealant into the rear tyre, and a USB mounted onto the front fork leg. I've yet to fit the luggage rack and Pelicase. I'm about to order some bar end mirrors, and black levers from Hitchcocks. With a bit of luck I'll get it in for it's first service by the end of the month.

And here it is on its maiden voyage on Saturday. Snuck this photo as you was paying for your 97 octane.:thumb
Twas the first time I saw one in this colour scheme. Very nice.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_143013184_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211030_143013184_HDR.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 139
No screen! Heathen machine it is :p

Very nice Al, enjoy :thumb2

Will it be putting in an appearance at the Pondy when at which time i can meet you there, take it for a run, rag the arse off it and get rid of the chicken strips for you. Gwaaan :D

My bike finally arrived on Friday lunchtime. I've managed to do 115miles on it between the deluges of rain. I've added a stainless steel oil cooler guard, some Goop puncture sealant into the rear tyre, and a USB mounted onto the front fork leg. I've yet to fit the luggage rack and Pelicase. I'm about to order some bar end mirrors, and black levers from Hitchcocks. With a bit of luck I'll get it in for it's first service by the end of the month.

Nice bike Fatal; does that goop work on tubed rims?

By all accounts the 'Goop' is supposed to work on tubed tyres for small punctures. I hope I don't have to find out :D

Back
Top Bottom