Air Filters

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So today I'm thinking of changing my air filter I presume this is acceptable :nenau
Now I quite like the Arlen Ness and Roland Sands designed ones. Any others I should be looking at.
I'm ready for the piss taking again.:blagblah

Buckle up ladies, it’s going to get a little bumpy :D

Simple rule…..avoid Chinese copies, fit whatever you like the look of, because everyone else has their own opinion regarding style.

I have a snorkel in case of a misdirected sat nav instruction and some impromptu fording. If I wasn’t concerned about such an event, I’d probably go for one of the S&S range of filter.

For performance or looks?

On a serious note I'm not sure on what to fit with it being stage two if that makes s difference on what I should buy.

will it make your tractor go faster ?

will it make it prettier ?

will your knob grow 2 inches longer ?

And that is about all it is about...I have always gone with what the bike came with, it has never entered my mind what it looks like and I know any increase in performance would be wasted on me, I would rather waste the money on something useful, like another bottle...Or a decent pate, or a bloody good steak.

And that is about all it is about...I have always gone with what the bike came with, it has never entered my mind what it looks like and I know any increase in performance would be wasted on me, I would rather waste the money on something useful, like another bottle...Or a decent pate, or a bloody good steak.

I agree. But I have nothing better to spend my money on.
And fookin Pate . Really :D

A matter of personal taste Chris, but I really like the look of the S&S in black, which is why I had one fitted.

IIRC Doris originally recommended checking them out last year just after I bought the RKS and mentioned I wasn’t overly keen on the looks of the heavy breather.

As Att says, it’s all pure vanity, but feck it I want the satisfaction of liking the way my bike looks!

Attachments

• 7BAB4ECF-7DDD-46B4-B20E-FD11E0C57094.jpg
    7BAB4ECF-7DDD-46B4-B20E-FD11E0C57094.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 133
A matter of personal taste Chris, but I really like the look of the S&S in black, which is why I had one fitted.

IIRC Doris originally recommended checking them out last year just after I bought the RKS and mentioned I wasn’t overly keen on the looks of the heavy breather.

As Att says, it’s all pure vanity, but feck it I want the satisfaction of liking the way my bike looks!

You also one day will not give a fuck how it looks...I have been interested in how a bike looks, but the sound is more important to me and then comfort, the looks are of some significance, but not a deal breaker and now I just don`t care and have not done so for a fair while and what others think is of no consequence in any way whatsoever to me.

Once you have have had the indignity of being probed in all orifices by an Egyptian Doctor and his cohorts, nothing else seems to matter that much.:D

Life is different now.

I don't mind the heavy breather. I just fancy a change and put my own mark on the bike.

I don't mind the heavy breather. I just fancy a change and put my own mark on the bike.

I put my own mark on my Heritage Softail by riding into the side of a Vauxhall Astra in Portugal at 40MPH...Probably one of the best things I have ever done on a bike, I enjoyed it immensely...It was the last thing that bike ever did.:beerjug:

I do so enjoy a good crash, much like setting my own face on fire and having my respiratory system collapse in the most remote of places...I do like a fucking drama.:beerjug:

I put my own mark on my Heritage Softail by riding into the side of a Vauxhall Astra in Portugal at 40MPH...Probably one of the best things I have ever done on a bike, I enjoyed it immensely...It was the last thing that bike ever did.:beerjug:

I do so enjoy a good crash, much like setting my own face on fire and having my respiratory system collapse in the most remote of places...I do like a fucking drama.:beerjug:

Well at least you're here to tell the tale. :beerjug:

Bit like refreshing poppodums in an oven.

Getting the rice right.

Putting the Prawns into a curry at the right time, no one like a fucking hard prawn if we told the truth...So many variables in life that have to become non-variables, lest the recipient becomes a tad grumpy and fucking moans.

Or we could all not just give a fuck and get on with life in a most serene of ways.....Perfection is a curse, fuck perfection and all it has to offer.l

Once you have have had the indignity of being probed in all orifices by an Egyptian Doctor and his cohorts, nothing else seems to matter that much.:D

Life is different now.

I’ve been to Egypt many times, but thankfully all my orifices have so far remained un-probed! :D

Decided on the Roland Sands.

Attachments

• 20210729_123200.jpg
    20210729_123200.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 73

Back
Top Bottom