Information from the more knowledgeable out there Rt 2005!

andy5329

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought an RT1200 2005 from the forum last year, its been a great bike but it seems now lots of things are starting to go wrong after riding through winter and putting 10,000 extra miles on. Currently sat at 57,000 approx.
Im in a very different financial position since Covid, so am now a DIY mechanic with help from you tube!.
So waffle over.

Speedo has given up. Rev counter still works.
I've swapped out the speed sensor cable from the rear wheel to the white connector under the seat but its still not fixed the issue. Is there another cable from the clocks to the white connector or does it look like I need new clocks?

I replaced the fuel pump controller could this cause this fault or the fault of my fuel gauge not working be related to it?
The bike had the ABS removed.

Any info would be great thanks.

I have a 2005 R120RT with 126,000 miles - I feel your pain !

The fuel gauge issue is likely to be the in-tank hot-strip, a poorly conceived and executed solution to a simple problem.
The fuel strip fiasco is extensively documented here, and every other BMW forum.

You are correct to focus on the rear ABS sensor, which feeds into the controller of the now defunct Servo-ABS brick.

You need to get the error codes for your bike - ideally from someone in the Plymouth area who has a GS-911.
The hobby version will suffice to read codes, but not to make any real-time diagnosis or amend ZFE settings.

Back
Top Bottom