Renewal with Bennetts but unable to get get through on phone

alpsrider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I received my insurance renewal from Bennetts and noticed I am on a automatic continuious payment using a credit card that is no longer used.

I tried to phone them to change my card details and after 45 minutes listening to what appears to be a recording of the top 30 from about 1980, I gave up.

I went online and did a webchat with an advisor who looked at my quote and reduced my renewal by £9.00! When I explained what I was trying to do he told me I had to ring customer services to do this.

So back on the phone I went, 35 minutes on line then my battery went flat.

Went back online to have another webchat only to be told they are busy and the only way to do this is by phone. I asked for the auto renewal to be cancelled so they don't try and take money from an account that doesn't exsist and was told thank you for my business and I will receive my proof of no claims bonus in the post a few days after my policy expires, lol!

I'm not looking for the cheapest quote around just a basic good value insurance policy for my R1150GSA from a company that offers some sort of customer service. My worry is if Bennetts are this difficult to contact in order pay them money what would happen if I needed to make a claim!

Any reccommendations?

Many thanks

I had a very similar experience with Hastings direct for three days. Their website couldn't help my querie, 'web chat' was disabled and phone lines were "we're very busy, please try again later'.

Three days!!

I formerly complained about their shit service and got £20 back! (and cancelled my policy and went somewhere else!)

I received my insurance renewal from Bennetts and noticed I am on a automatic continuious payment using a credit card that is no longer used.

I tried to phone them to change my card details and after 45 minutes listening to what appears to be a recording of the top 30 from about 1980, I gave up.

I went online and did a webchat with an advisor who looked at my quote and reduced my renewal by £9.00! When I explained what I was trying to do he told me I had to ring customer services to do this.

So back on the phone I went, 35 minutes on line then my battery went flat.

Went back online to have another webchat only to be told they are busy and the only way to do this is by phone. I asked for the auto renewal to be cancelled so they don't try and take money from an account that doesn't exsist and was told thank you for my business and I will receive my proof of no claims bonus in the post a few days after my policy expires, lol!

I'm not looking for the cheapest quote around just a basic good value insurance policy for my R1150GSA from a company that offers some sort of customer service. My worry is if Bennetts are this difficult to contact in order pay them money what would happen if I needed to make a claim!

Any reccommendations?

Many thanks

A good friend of mine who works for Bennett’s would certainly be interested in hearing this, so I’ll copy and paste your experience and pass it on.

I doubt it’ll be of any use to you but might help others in future.

I had a very similar experience with Hastings direct for three days. Their website couldn't help my querie, 'web chat' was disabled and phone lines were "we're very busy, please try again later'.

Three days!!

I formerly complained about their shit service and got £20 back! (and cancelled my policy and went somewhere else!)

I dread to think what would happen in the event you had to claim.
I'm lost as to know where to go, may as well go for the cheapest online quote and hope I never have to contact them. Drives me nuts!

A good friend of mine who works for Bennett’s would certainly be interested in hearing this, so I’ll copy and paste your experience and pass it on.

I doubt it’ll be of any use to you but might help others in future.

Lets hope the feedback improves their service for others:)

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot 3.jpg
    Screenshot 3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 208
Your restraint does you proud Sir.

Swinton seem to be the most competitive at the moment. Anyone had any experience of this insurer?
Many thanks

Swinton seem to be the most competitive at the moment. Anyone had any experience of this insurer?
Many thanks

same parent as Bennetts - the Ardonagh Group

at least they have, for now, actual branches you can visit to try to speak to someone that might resemble a person

same parent as Bennetts - the Ardonagh Group

at least they have, for now, actual branches you can visit to try to speak to someone that might resemble a person

Marvellous! Carole Nash came up but as Carole Nash select, whatever that is. It's a toss up between That and Devitt I think.

Fingers crossed I never need to claim, ammend or cancel, lol.

Marvellous! Carole Nash came up but as Carole Nash select, whatever that is. It's a toss up between That and Devitt I think.

Fingers crossed I never need to claim, ammend or cancel, lol.

Carole Nash, also owned by Ardonagh...

CN Select is a separate brokerage. You get the option to buy a stripped back policy and then add on the extra lumps as needed.

If you go to the main CN website you have no option to buy the bundled product which includes breakdown and legal cover. This bundle used to be good value but seems to be rather over-priced.

Devitt is independent.

If buying on price, you take a risk.

If you value customer service over all other variables then go to NFU Mutual.

A-Plan.

Used them for my car following as recommendation and the r'eal person' has me diarised to call just before by bike policy ends in a month or two.

They were as competitive as any, can price match (beat) and ensured I had the right cover. I'd be confident a claim would be well handled.

I must admit, I hadn't even thought of NFU Mutual. I have just looked and they don't do quotes online so have set a reminder to call them on Monday morning. Thanks for that.
I'm more than happy to pay a little extra for customer service as long as it's not a crazy amount. Did an online quote with Carole Nash, four times the price of the quote from Swinton! Only difference was breakdown cover which I don't need as I have it with my bank account.
Just looking for basic cover, reasonable customer service and a competitive price. Don't think it's much to ask,it must be an age thing, lol!

NFU - charge like a Rhino…..

I called Bennett’s two weeks back and moved a few things around - I have three policies with them -

It was dead easy - the person on the phone knew their stuff and all is well….

Did try NFU today, very helpful but to be honest the quote was quite a bit more than I was expecting (a lot actually) but always worth a try.
Decided to give Devitt a go. Never used then before but online reviews seem okay. Quote was more than acceptable and comes with a 10% discount at Sportsbikeshop. As I'm in the market for a new lid and satnav the saving will go a long way to paying my next 12 months insurance.
Time will tell if I have made the right decision but fingers crossed won't need to contact them before next year.

NFU - charge like a Rhino…..

I called Bennett’s two weeks back and moved a few things around - I have three policies with them -

It was dead easy - the person on the phone knew their stuff and all is well….

It's just luck of the draw who you get at the other end. Some operatives a lot more experienced than others

Have you tried Bemoto?

They are also busy do ring you back within 24 hours and do answer emails albeit slowly

I am convinced insurance staff are still on furlough and have reduced their service all in the name of profit.

As regarding any claims if my broker did not pay ball i would contact the insurance company direct.

Have you tried Bemoto?

They are also busy do ring you back within 24 hours and do answer emails albeit slowly

I am convinced insurance staff are still on furlough and have reduced their service all in the name of profit.

As regarding any claims if my broker did not pay ball i would contact the insurance company direct.

Many call centre people are still working from home using VPNs that are not up to so many remote connections. Just like my corner of the public sector.

As for contacting the insurance underwriter direct, that is what we had to do with a home insurance claim for my mother that was being delayed by the broker quibbling over replacement furniture after a plumbing fixture leaked. A call straight to the underwriter, Groupama in this case, had the claim agreed and a purchase order for £x to the preferred supplier within a few days.

Of course, contacting the underwriter would not fix the OP's problem as it is the broker with the direct debit mandate for the automatic renewal.

Back
Top Bottom