Steering Lock & Fuel Gauge Issues

ste007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Returning member, however I need some help:nenau I am looking to purchase a 2019 R1200GSA MU.
1- I am told the bike will only come with one ignition key & this will not set the steering lock? Is it the master key that is required to set the steering lock or should I be looking at something else?
2- The bike has an issue with the fuel digital bar reader (it does read correctly) the current owner tells me he has had the fuel strip???? replaced but it has not made a difference. I would like to know if there are any common issues & what is the fix

Thank you in advance

Returning member, however I need some help:nenau I am looking to purchase a 2019 R1200GSA MU.
1- I am told the bike will only come with one ignition key & this will not set the steering lock? Is it the master key that is required to set the steering lock or should I be looking at something else?
2- The bike has an issue with the fuel digital bar reader (it does read correctly) the current owner tells me he has had the fuel strip???? replaced but it has not made a difference. I would like to know if there are any common issues & what is the fix

Thank you in advance

Re number 2
its a float system on a 2019 - so no fuel strip

Correction my mistake its a year 2009.......typo error. Thanks Santa-2512

Not a good start that

Quick tip,

If your looking for parts - model year and month of manufacture are a big help ;)

Depending on what month your potential purchase was built it could be float or fuel strip

If it is a fuel strip

Known fault 4 fixes

1) leave it and run on mileage to fill up - cost £0

2) Piezeo zapper - fix from 1 month to 1+ year - Cost £10-£20

3) Replace fuel strip - Fix from 6 months to 2+ years Cost £280 inc 2 year gT

4) Convert to float system - cost £200+ ZFE dependent

Thanks again for your help, well I've bit the bullet & committed to purchase now. I maybe requiring your assistance in the future

The key should set the steering lock,

make sure the lock stops arnt damaged broken, thats a MOT failure big time

The lock assembly can be replaced , its a faf but not insurmountable

is it hexhead single cam or Twin cam ..

Final drives can fail, Mikeyboy on here can rebuild better than new :thumb

Back
Top Bottom