Daft TFT question

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was idly looking at a 2018 TFT screen the other day and I noticed that the redline zone starts at 4500 RPM.

The bike was in neutral so I’m assuming that the redline zone changes on the display depending on what gear you are in.

Is my assumption correct?

I was idly looking at a 2018 TFT screen the other day and I noticed that the redline zone starts at 4500 RPM.

The bike was in neutral so I’m assuming that the redline zone changes on the display depending on what gear you are in.

No, you are not correct. ;)

The redline moves towards the normal limit as the engine warms up..:D

And if you exceed the lower redline limit, before it has warmed up, the whole digital tacho. flashes red to warn you to stop being a prat. So somebody told me......

No, you are not correct. ;)

The redline moves towards the normal limit as the engine warms up..:D
Curiously, this feature does not seem to present on the TFT on my f850gs although the software version is a later iteration.
Alan R

Happens on my R1250RS and the wifes S1000XR.

That is also correct :D
Is the feature simply not used on the F850gs, or has it been eliminated by the software upgrade? My F850gs is a 2020 model.
Alan R

Is the feature simply not used on the F850gs, or has it been eliminated by the software upgrade? My F850gs is a 2020 model.
Alan R
AFAIK, this feature has never been there for the 850...:cool:

Fair enough. I didn’t have it from new and the dealership I bought it from had updated the software and my other bike a 1250, has the older software version.
Alan R

Is this full truth, or thinking of change. :beerjug:

When I went for my test run on Friday the guy started the bike up from cold and the red line was about 4.5k revs.

I thought ‘bugger me I knew it would be low revving compared to my usual bikes but that’s ridiculous’.

Fortunately he did then explain it went up as the engine warmed up.

Back
Top Bottom