R75/6 Front Brakes

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting a decent front brake on my 75/6.
It has the standard ATE setup and I have refitted the master cylinder, slave cylinder, fitted new pads and have a very good sh disc fitted. I have set the cable up on the master cylinder and bled the system. I think the trouble is setting up the eccentric caliper.
Does anybody have a method that works that you can share with me?
TIA
Paul

Here we go, I did this the other day with perfect results:

1. Remove one caliper and set it aside with something between the pads to stop it popping the piston.

2. Rotate the front wheel and apply brake.

3. Brake off. Rotate the front wheel. Adjust eccentric pivot so that the front wheel rotates with no drag.

4. Repeat 2 and then 3 until you have found the best sweet spot. When you have, put the cap/spring on over the eccentric pivot and do up.

5. Now that caliper No 1 is done, put caliper No 2 back on.

6. Repeat 2-4 for No 2 caliper.

This always works for me and I really use my brakes, as anyone at Cadwell Park 3 times this year will testify.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for the info can I assume the same procedure for a single disc bike?

Thanks for the info can I assume the same procedure for a single disc bike?
I set up one of these callipers, for the first time, recently. If you look down you can see the relationship between the pads and the disc. All I did was adjust the offset so all the faces were parallel. Engage the pads, release and check.

Hi Tim did your procedure and all ok. Will bed the new discs in and check again.
Many thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom