Another Cruise Thread...

Edmund Kean

Reaction score
Does your cruise control do this…

Bike: R1250GSA (2021)

Move off/on switch to ON

Set speed using the toggle switch… green symbol appears displaying the set speed in mph

If I decide to increase speed using toggle switch (for instance by 1 mph) – one push doesn’t always register on the TFT but definitely increases speed very marginally by means of audible change to engine tone. A second push will register a 1 mph increase on the TFT display.

It occurred to me yesterday when riding that, could it be possible the input from one push doesn’t raise the demanded speed by 1 mph? And that strangely it was some fraction of 1 mph.

Upon referring to the manual it states one push = 1kph.

Thought I had an intermittently functioning switch but it seems not.

Following the short push of the cruise control toggle, you are surprised that a German motorcycle raises the speed by a 1 kph increment, but that two short pushes raises it by 1 mph?

Imagine how unsurprised you’d be if you were German or indeed any nationality that used the metric system. Or indeed, confused beyond belief if it raised it for them by 1 mph.

PS My VW Polo raises it in 5 mph increments. I could hardly believe my eyes.

you are surprised that a German motorcycle raises the speed by a 1 kph increment, but that two short pushes raises it by 1 mph?

Jesus... you sound like Spock with all that logic. Frankly somehow it didn't bothered me as such, I normally use the CC to give my wrist a break. Maybe the OP should pop an email to the Mother Ship and adjust the manual accordingly, there must be loads of chaps across the pod wondering the same...

Following the short push of the cruise control toggle, you are surprised that a German motorcycle raises the speed by a 1 kph increment, but that two short pushes raises it by 1 mph?

Imagine how unsurprised you’d be if you were German or indeed any nationality that used the metric system. Or indeed, confused beyond belief if it raised it for them by 1 mph.

PS My VW Polo raises it in 5 mph increments. I could hardly believe my eyes.

So it might be so... to achieve a 5mph increase, the CC toggle on BMW motorcycles needs to be pushed approximately eight times. That would read well in the manual :D

Mine doesn't do that. Probably because it is always set to kilometres.

Ive always wondered.......

Why does it even have a slide switch on it ??

I never turn mine off and I've never accidentally set cruise ??

Until macron send you back to UK :p

Haha. I have a permanent residence card. The continent is my playground.
I am also half German so no one can send me anywhere.

Actually it's not 1Kph, it's 0.9 Kph, with +-0.1kph for tolerancing ;)

And only if the ambient temperature is 24C at sea level :)

Germanic efficiency :D

Back
Top Bottom