bike won't run.

2wheels

Reaction score
i have bmw adventure1200 model/2015 The bike started running a bit rough then cut out.Can only run engine for about 6sec then cuts out.Have put diagnostic on and showed exhaust butterfly valve and sidestand sensor.Have soldered wires were sensor is and think the shop altered the valve so them are alright now.Anyone got idea's on were to start checking for the problem.

Blocked fuel tank vent? See if starting it with the fuel cap open makes a difference.

i have bmw adventure1200 model/2015 The bike started running a bit rough then cut out.Can only run engine for about 6sec then cuts out.Have put diagnostic on and showed exhaust butterfly valve and sidestand sensor.Have soldered wires were sensor is and think the shop altered the valve so them are alright now.Anyone got idea's on were to start checking for the problem.

My bet the battery is no good 2015 bike

Which wires did you solder together?
Apologies if you are already aware of this....The diagram shows 3 wires- only 2 will be required to be linked together to make the ECU think the side stand is up.
With the correct two wires linked together check for continuity with a multimeter at the ECU connector to prove the wiring harness, then you can move on knowing that switch isn’t the issue. Worth checking first given the diagnostic code you have.

It’s unlikely to be related to the switch in my opinion, but don’t skip past the diagnostic codes you already have without firstly proving each one isn’t the cause.

What’s the error code for the exhaust valve?

Back
Top Bottom