Hey guys, just bought a GS

Zag999

Reaction score
got a bit of a story… I’ve had a 2001 Ducati 900SSie for the last 13 years and finally decided I needed something more comfortable that didn’t cause pain.

Cutting out a lot of the middle bit, I’m now the proud owner of a 2005 R1200GS that’s done 70k miles! Very tidy though, and well looked after.

Been fancying one ever since the Long Way Down thing but I’m a short ass so never thought I could reach the pedals.

The thing is, I didn’t test ride it. Because the guy selling it was nervous of me riding it. But I sat on it on top toes and thought if it was too tall I could get a lowered seat for it. They seem to be selling fast so I thought If I didn’t like it I could just sell it on.

The first ride off was quite wobbly. Riding position was not too alien because I’d borrowed my mates Harley recently. I soon got into the swing of it and WOW this thing handles! Love it Standard seat height is not a problem. It’s on the lowest setting.

I think I feel I lean it more because I’m higher up but actually I’m leaning it only as much as the Duc. At the higher end of the arc, I’m bound to move more. But what a bike! You don’t notice the speed.

Anyway I thought I’d join the forum and share experiences.

I’ve gone from one extreme of bike to another. But then, I bet that’s not uncommon. People get fed up with painful wrists and think “what’s the most comfortable bike?” Once I got “Harley” and “gold wing” out of my head, I thought “GS”. Whole lotta fun!

Karl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to you old fruit ... lots of fun and good advice here :thumb

Cheers guys!

I’m a diy-er so hope to gleam some useful info here on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the mad house :),

get your self stuck in , get a few meetup's, ask for advice, piss of a few people ;)

and most of all just remember, if you want to leave, you must flounce ;)

Other than that :beerjug::beerjug:

Welcome to the mad house :),

get your self stuck in , get a few meetup's, ask for advice, piss off a few people ;)

and most of all just remember, if you want to leave, you must flounce ;)

Other than that :beerjug::beerjug:

is this "The Law " ? cos i do sometimes worry that i have upset people ?

Back
Top Bottom