ABS/Servo removal.

DevonAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had the ABS/Servo bypassed with the kit from Motorworks, the work was carried out by a local guy who is very competent but not a BM expert, brakes all work fine and have good feel & I still have the flashing warning lights to sort out but the Speedo doesn’t work and the indicators don’t self cancel.
The ABS/ servo unit unit has been completely removed from the bike, is this the issue? I rode the bike half a mile home 3 weeks ago but can’t remember if it worked then and then didn’t use the bike again until a few days ago and Jez can’t remember if it worked on test ride either but reckons he would have noticed if it didn’t, I seem to recall posts on this fault saying something about blanking/shorting connections on the unit, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al.

If you've taken the entire ABS module out the you will get these problems. You need to refit the electronic part of the module as it takes the signal from the rear wheel sensor and, among other things, drives the speedometer.

Just had the ABS/Servo bypassed with the kit from Motorworks, the work was carried out by a local guy who is very competent but not a BM expert, brakes all work fine and have good feel & I still have the flashing warning lights to sort out but the Speedo doesn’t work and the indicators don’t self cancel.
The ABS/ servo unit unit has been completely removed from the bike, is this the issue? I rode the bike half a mile home 3 weeks ago but can’t remember if it worked then and then didn’t use the bike again until a few days ago and Jez can’t remember if it worked on test ride either but reckons he would have noticed if it didn’t, I seem to recall posts on this fault saying something about blanking/shorting connections on the unit, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-IABS-system?p=5007032&viewfull=1#post5007032

Thank you for that info, good job the unit wasn’t binned!!

Al.

just refitted my electronic unit for the above reasons all appears to work as advised, thanks to the great peeps of this website for their guidance.

just refitted my electronic unit for the above reasons all appears to work as advised, thanks to the great peeps of this website for their guidance.

I have recently managed to "fix" a mechanical failure in my servo (one of the pumps was seized) using parts from a scrap unit, but the scrap one only had one usable pump, and i would love to have spares in case it goes wrong again.

So, will you sell me your scrap pump (without electronics) so I can be prepared for the next failure.

So, will you sell me your scrap pump (without electronics) so I can be prepared for the next failure.[/QUOTE]
yes and it was working perfectly, I had intended to remove at some point but things were accelerated when one of the unions appeared to pop out of the top of the unit and blew fluid all over the place on a brake test at the M.O.T station! So as long as you have an understanding of these things yes. make me an offer if you like pay for my juice and I'll meet you halfway for delivery. Paul.

Back
Top Bottom