Campsites near(ish) Southampton?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Word up Comrades.
I'm considering visiting an elderly friend who lives near Southampton and would like to camp somewhere nearby-ish (within 40ish miles or so would be fine).
It's just me so I'm hoping I'll find somewhere and I'm not too fussy about location but site facilities (specifically the toilets and shower blocks) must be very clean.
Can anybody recommend any sites that meet this criteria please?
Thanx in advance.

You'd be better off getting a hotel or B&B if your facilities fussy ;)

Camping is take the rough with the smooth

I've rung them and they're understandably fully booked but thank you again for the suggestion.
Anyone else able to recommend anything at all?

Have you looked at any of the New Forest campsites as they are only a short distance from Southampton.

I have camped here, admittedly in a hammock and out of season.......

https://ymca-fg.org/fairthorne-manor-campsite/

Seems to have good reviews and they used to have BBQs to use and now looks like they can do pizza.

I've always found the New Forest sites a tad fly/bug ridden in the summer TBH.

As a result we've always tended to use the C&CC site at Southbourne, on the A259 a few miles east of the A27 Emsworth junction. It was an old orchard years ago, now a full facilities campsite - plenty to do/see around the area, with shops nearby as well as a local rail station icon.

Salisbury Camping and Caravanning Club Site, Hudsons Field. They accept non members (according to their website), easy walk into the centre.

Thank you for all of the suggestions, I'm (hopefully) sorted. Availability was an issue which isn't surprising given the short notice & the fact that I'm looking for a Friday & Saturday night at the height of the season.
Hopefully I'll be booking into Salisbury Camping and Caravanning Club Site, Hudsons Field, as soon as their booking centre opens tomorrow.

I stayed in a Camping & Caravanning club site in Northumberland a few weeks ago & the toilet & showers were spotless so hopefully this will be similar.

Once again I'm really grateful to everyone for your help, thank you all for pitching in. ;) :camping

All booked in. Thank you again everyone for your help.

Back
Top Bottom