RT04 BMW

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
RT04 BMW is a 2006 R1200RT that is currently for sale at Moto Corsa Gillingham. See Moto Corsa ebay shop. An interesting machine as it is fully loaded with Cruise, ESA, Headed Seat (both), Radio/CD and the proper top box etc. It's in good nick with 44K miles and excellent service history. I spoke with Studley Motorcycle services in Dorchester that did the last couple of services and say it is a genuine machine but warns about the Servo brakes and say it can't have a servoectomy as the R1200RT's can't have the ABS pump coded or something like that; where the 1150GS/GSA's can. Can't remember the exact details but he said that if the Servo goes it's a £2k fix....

Anyway, any previous owners of RT04 BMW on here?

I hear that a good early R1200RT is a great machine, but a bad one is a right PITA. Any advice? to sway me to put in an offer? Studley did say go post 2009 as no servo issue on those. As I said, it's an interesting machine due to the unusually high spec.

This RT has the radio / cd. Too early for Bluetooth, does it work though the speakers only? And is the CD player reliable?

The date you have is incorrect - the servo iABS was superseded by iABS II in the Autumn of 2006 for the 2007 MY bikes.

The iABS II suffers from worn/seized brushes in the pump motor, but it's a well documented, easy and cheap fix compared to the servo unit.

The garage is talking b0ll0cks, the servoectomy is a 3-4 hour job, extensively documented on this site.
You can separate the iABS controller from the servo pump body, and save 10kg of dead weight.

ESA is another well documented failure point, unless you are regularly switching between single vs pillion or tour vs twisties, it's unnecessary.

The fuel strip will fail, inevitably.

As with any 15 year old bike, stuff will break

RT04 BMW is a 2006 R1200RT that is currently for sale at Moto Corsa Gillingham. See Moto Corsa ebay shop. An interesting machine as it is fully loaded with Cruise, ESA, Headed Seat (both), Radio/CD and the proper top box etc. It's in good nick with 44K miles and excellent service history. I spoke with Studley Motorcycle services in Dorchester that did the last couple of services and say it is a genuine machine but warns about the Servo brakes and say it can't have a servoectomy as the R1200RT's can't have the ABS pump coded or something like that; where the 1150GS/GSA's can. Can't remember the exact details but he said that if the Servo goes it's a £2k fix....

Anyway, any previous owners of RT04 BMW on here?

I hear that a good early R1200RT is a great machine, but a bad one is a right PITA. Any advice? to sway me to put in an offer? Studley did say go post 2009 as no servo issue on those. As I said, it's an interesting machine due to the unusually high spec.

I thought you had previously had an RT and got shot of it, as you didn't get the thrill of the ride?

I thought you had previously had an RT and got shot of it, as you didn't get the thrill of the ride?

Hello my friend ;) yes true but I did like this example. Not getting it though. Trust you are all safe and well.

Hello my friend ;) yes true but I did like this example. Not getting it though. Trust you are all safe and well.

Safe and well, living the dream in Carmarthenshire - bought a farm and knocked working for a living on the head.

Back on two wheels as of last weekend falling my spill in 2018

Back
Top Bottom