Airhead joining in both senses

Jay_Benson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the joy of owning a 1986 R80 - plain jane, not GS or anything so fancy. It has recently been joined by a Moto Guzzi V85TT.

I was planning on doing a trip when I retire to Egypt on the R80. As time has gone on the R80 has become a little fragile and it is time to strip it down and give it a thorough rebuild. Hence the V85TT - it is relatively simple - air cooled, shaft driven, two cylinders - and so far has been very reliable (it should be being so young). The aim is to ride to Egypt via Iran and Saudi Arabia and go scuba diving whenever I get the chance - so it is a bike trip and a dive trip at the same time. Heck, I may even ask the family along to meet me at certain points like Petra in Jordan and the Red Sea - if I am paying then like as not they will come along.

I just have to retire now.....

I'm just up the road, near Wirksworth. My German airhead is an r100gs with my Italian take on the aircooled shaft drive formula also being a v85tt (seen quite a few about now, Guzzi are clearly getting far too mainstream!)

You're obviously a man of impreccable taste. But it's a worry that you have to bribe your family to come on holiday with you...

Welcome to the jungle.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom