GSA 1250 Panniers recommendations

Breham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So with the bike change, I need to order some panniers pretty sharpish as I will be commuting each Monday and Friday to and from Wales for 8 weeks.

I have read everything on this site and watched reviews and leaning towards Bumot. I would much rather have soft panniers, but as the bike will be left with luggage for a day at times, I need to go for the hard black ones as they have a lock and the soft ones don't.

I going to go for the medium so they are not wider than the handlebars.

Before I place the order have I overlooked a brand in their price range that I should really consider. Thanks again chaps appreciate all the help and advise so far.

Rich

So with the bike change, I need to order some panniers pretty sharpish as I will be commuting each Monday and Friday to and from Wales for 8 weeks.

I have read everything on this site and watched reviews and leaning towards Bumot. I would much rather have soft panniers, but as the bike will be left with luggage for a day at times, I need to go for the hard black ones as they have a lock and the soft ones don't.

I going to go for the medium so they are not wider than the handlebars.

Before I place the order have I overlooked a brand in their price range that I should really consider. Thanks again chaps appreciate all the help and advise so far.

Rich

Bumot quality is super, and after sale very good also, I have before hard luggage from Bumot and now soft and very happy, you miss nothing with others.

Hi Rich

Having had the BMW aluminium boxes, I recently invested in Bumots Evo Defender panniers which are a world apart in terms of value, construction, finish and quality. I did have the Bumot Xtremada soft panniers but I missed the security of metal boxes and they leaked.
b4aa48de79ab154a3e616ac8ebfb39dc.jpg

3d0814bdf208090c986362eb929b32ea.jpg

ceef4b3ca803693a270c29464b00fa14.jpg

Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rich

Having had the BMW aluminium boxes, I recently invested in Bumots Evo Defender panniers which are a world apart in terms of value, construction, finish and quality. I did have the Bumot Xtremada soft panniers but I missed the security of metal boxes and they leaked.

Jeremy

Mine don’t, but I have been mindful to ensure the nuts and bolts are tightened. I believe they might let by otherwise.

Metal Mule with the exhaust, narrows the bike and you get two full sized panniers.

When you change bikes simply get a new frame, my set bought in 2009 are still going strong.

Looks like I am making the right choice, what size are they Jeremy?

45/39. I paid £787 inc the Bumot internal bags from the adventurebikeshop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they are the large ones. They have gone up in price a lot since you bought them, I think they are just over £1000 now with the internal bags

Bumot all day. Quality etc is very good. Get the rubber dimpled mats to stick on the top. They're very useful. One small downside. Wunderlick pannier top or top box top luggage does not fit due to the position of the Bumot tie points. I've made them fit but its a fiddle. Bumots inner bags and lid bags are also worth having. Nick Hodge does an excellent video on Bumot which is worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJd_yzaRJA

I am off to order now after all those endorsements, thank you all

Very useful is soft topcase and rack, I have just order but will not come before end August, Bumot have holiday, use Code BMT10 gives 10% discount at checkout! for EU not sure about UK.

https://shop.bumot.eu/en/catalog/cid/132.html

Xtremada Tail bag
Item № :300-02-27

Luggage plate for OEM racks
Item № :105E-09-LR

I think if I go for a top case I will go for the soft one, I like that and its expandable.

I was about to leave place an order and have tried to get hold of adventiurebiekshop, but it looks like they don't return or pick up the phone as the are so busy. I kinda get it!!!!!

Can I get some advice? I am going for the 40L/36L defender eve, my questions are:

1. Are the carry handle for the panniers worth buying for connivence moving them around?
2. I would like to order the Bumot Inner Bags, but if I order do they come as single or two bags. The website is in the plural, so it sounds like I get two. MY net question is what size as you can only order 41l/36L or 31L so it sounds like they don't come in two's. Last questioned I need notched or not.

I have read everything and the fact I can not talk to them does not help. I wish I had this business model.

Any feedback would help so I get my order right first time.

Thanks again, Rich

I think if I go for a top case I will go for the soft one, I like that and its expandable.

I was about to leave place an order and have tried to get hold of adventiurebiekshop, but it looks like they don't return or pick up the phone as the are so busy. I kinda get it!!!!!

Can I get some advice? I am going for the 40L/36L defender eve, my questions are:

1. Are the carry handle for the panniers worth buying for connivence moving them around?
2. I would like to order the Bumot Inner Bags, but if I order do they come as single or two bags. The website is in the plural, so it sounds like I get two. MY net question is what size as you can only order 41l/36L or 31L so it sounds like they don't come in two's. Last questioned I need notched or not.

I have read everything and the fact I can not talk to them does not help. I wish I had this business model.

Any feedback would help so I get my order right first time.

Thanks again, Rich

BMW carry handle is better and fit the Evo case, and yes handle is very useful for taking on and off bike, and carry away also, inner bag is price for 1 bag but bags are good, and lid bags are really useful also for documents etc and many other small items.

https://shop.bumot.eu/en/catalog/cid/126.html

https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/bmw-carrying-handle-for-aluminium-cases.html

Yes I made the mistake of ordering it with the frame which I don’t need as the GSA. The ABS sorted all for me and saved me ££££.

Back
Top Bottom