Happy New bike day to meeeeeeeee

Been out tonight for a play and set up session

Fuuuuuck it is fast mind glowingly so for a naked bike I really need to recalibrate my brain for just how quick it is and I haven't raved it any where near it capability

even when the bike is going slowly it is going quickly

Handling wise it felt a bit harsh tonight so a little tweak in the suspension menu and all was nearly well and fully well when I checked the tyre pressures to discover they had been set to industry standard 42 36 instead of 36 34

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 216
I always like a bit in reserve but and it is a big but I have not been hanging around and that 200 / 60 /17 tyre is going to take a track day to sort out or more bravery than I have

Wonderful looking machine. You must be over the moon! Congrats on the new bike and am sure you’ll have thousands of hours of fun on it. Can’t wait to ride one myself.

Lovely bike, Rick.
Had one for the day when my ATAS was being serviced last year.
Stunning bikes.
The engine is mind-blowing but what impressed me most was the seat-probably the most comfy OE seat on any bike I’ve ever ridden.Feels like a Renazco custom jobby.
Firm but never gets uncomfortable.
Good job Nutty is still sulking as he’d be telling you to get the silver shrouds painted black….blah blah blah…….:)

Oh…..and needs an Akra

c88d85a54d10e29b15835096fc26efb0.jpg

Lovely bike, Rick.
Had one for the day when my ATAS was being serviced last year.
Stunning bikes.
The engine is mind-blowing but what impressed me most was the seat-probably the most comfy OE seat on any bike I’ve ever ridden.Feels like a Renazco custom jobby.
Firm but never gets uncomfortable.
Good job Nutty is still sulking as he’d be telling you to get the silver shrouds painted black….blah blah blah…….:)

Oh…..and needs an Akra

c88d85a54d10e29b15835096fc26efb0.jpg

It is comfy but I am still adapting to the very different to the Multi riding position !

I am still in contact with Nutty on occasion via WhatsApp and guess what he said ......

Black the shrouds and get an Akra

Very nice. I was going to say the exhaust is a bit weird. Looks even better with the Akra.

Very nice. I was going to say the exhaust is a bit weird. Looks even better with the Akra.

£5k is a bit salty even for me

I dont mind it, it looks different in reality as the bike o the side stand alters its perspective

It sounds wonderful as is and the last thing this bike needs is more power !

It is comfy but I am still adapting to the very different to the Multi riding position !

I am still in contact with Nutty on occasion via WhatsApp and guess what he said ......

Black the shrouds and get an Akra

He’ll never change :)

I was jesting .
Think even the Akra end can and mid pipe like on the demo I had was nearly £3k!

Fuck that . It sounds ace as standard .
My SuperCub is costing less than a slip on .

Cabby has a point .
I stuck a £5 Akra sticker on my Benelli and it fooled a few .

Already aware of that and TBH i did briefly think about it but for the bits of carbon fbre ( possibly wheels as well) the price tag was or will be diminishing returns for me

It wont go any faster and i cant scratch the surface of the V4s capabilities ( I need boxerlust or stick to show me ) so not for me

Already aware of that and TBH i did briefly think about it but for the bits of carbon fbre ( possibly wheels as well) the price tag was or will be diminishing returns for me

It wont go any faster and i cant scratch the surface of the V4s capabilities ( I need boxerlust or stick to show me ) so not for me

I appreciate your realisation 👍

I wasn't going to bother as it feels a bit like gloating etc but I am so fucking pleased with myself

If there is a downside to this thing it is only because it is too fast and I need to recalibrate

Stunning :cool:

What did you think of the M9’s ?

They were very good TBH and i would have stuck with them

Sharpened the steering no end and more grip than i would ever need in the dry and they were not too bad in the wet either although not as confidence inspiring as the Road tec but that was probably more in my head than the tyre

I did 2000 fairly hard miles and the rear was looking like it was good for at least another thousand so the wear rate was not as bad as i was expecting

In reality they are more tyre than the Multi needed and roadtecs are probably the sensible option but life is too short sometimes

the OEM tyres on this SF are very good so far but were allegedly developed by Pirelli for the bike they are an odd size at 200/60/17

A bit of an update after 500 miles

The suspension which is almost infinitesimally adjustable from the menu settings is feeling a bit harsh in default settings. I have softened it off but I have a feeling that it is harsh as the sag is none existent and that is a manual job so to save time and effort it is booked in to the nice Ohlins place for them to set it up right first time for my weight etc then I can tweak it to my hearts content in the settings.

250 mile day out in the Dales and it was pretty comfy despite me needing to settle in to a new riding position

The handling is sublime despite not being quite right on the suspension yet - I have never ridden a bike with so much front end confidence give

It is ludicrously fast

Some things I am not keen on or still to get used to is the minimal turning circle or lock at low speed

The lack of protection in certain areas like the sump which is just open to and direct line of stones thrown up and along so a guard for that has been ordered. The fuel tank is exposed under the seat ( part of the rear wheel arch) but again a guard which also eliminates the rear pegs is on order

Have not stopped smelling about it yet and keep going into the garage for a stare

Back
Top Bottom