new to me

shifty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just put my order in for a new gsa1250 40th edition today,,,, whoooo :beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:
hope ive done the right thing :)

Did you go with the heated seats. Best value and super comfy. I’ve done 300 mile days on mine. The best I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, didnt go with heated seats, but will keep in mind your recomendation,,

just working out what bits to buy,, so far on the list

front mudguard extender,,,,, any recomendations ?
rad guards, evo tech
evo tech h/weight bar ends
headlight guard (perspex) ,,, any recomendations ?
front engine guard, evo tech
givi rear aluminium monokey plate
and i am sure some other bits when i think of them

I have to admit to using them all the time. Even yesterday when the temp dropped to 14 I stuck them on at setting 2. I have tried every comfort seat and these are simple the best.

The best £300 you will spend.

Just my recommendation.

Enjoy your new bike when it arrives.

I missed a bike with heated seats, but to date I never used the heated grips on my old GS, but I am a fair weather rider.

I think me and shifty are at the same place, ordered the bike, what are the essential accessories?

Front mudguard, I have narrowed it down to the Wunderlich or Pyramid love to hear what you guys would recommend?

Re your last point of what else, I like to ask the forum!!! I am looking at Wunderlich slides, both rear, front and crash bar sliders, would you and are they worth it?

shifty, I give the chap on sale scorner a try, I have just ordered one and there is 11 pages of people ordering headlight guards from him. https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-guards-for-your-GS?highlight=headlight+guard

Rich

why all the evo tec stuff,bmw do rad guards and there pretty cheap,cymark engine guard and why evotec bar ends? no vibration probs on a 1250,but hey it is your money,enjoy

I got an eBay mudguard extender. Fits fine, very much cheaper than the brands.

I also got the Heed engine bars, but I don’t think they offer a set for the GSA

breham,, thanks for the heads up re the headlight protector :thumb2

the reason i thought of the evotech h/weight bar ends is i have used them before on other bikes and liked the improvement they gave, and when i test rode a 1250gs i did find it vibed a bit at motorway cruising speeds, i am quite sensative to numb hands on longer journeys,, but i will hold fire and see what my bike feels like first as i know they can all be a bit diffrent,,

thanks for the other recomendations, much appreciated, ,,,its why i asked :thumb2:thumb2

rad guards, evo tech

Evotech stuff is great quality.

Don’t forget a mudsling. Keeps the shock clean.

And I like these Puig Swingram protectors.
2a07ed2347ca1f65aa08b7496b363279.jpg

rad guards, evo tech

Hi Shifty, Like you I bought a new R1250GSA last month I have bought some stuff for it, answering your list and adding to it.
Mine is a white Rallye that came with the low Rallye seat and plate, I swapped that out with the 2014 blue/black rider and pillion off ebay, this matched the blue stripes on the tank and i think makes the bike looks good, similar to the 1150GSA SE style
Also cos it's a Rallye the screen was small so i bought Wunderlich Marathon screen from Motorworks, I'm not sure i did the right thing here, I should have bought a standard OEM BMW screen, i am not sure I am happy with the support brackets that are extra with the screen.

front mudguard extender < ---- Ebay cheap similar quality as machineart
rad guards, < ---- Mine came with the bike so wait
evo tech h/weight bar ends < ---- Nope
headlight guard (perspex) < ---- Nope I have never had a headlight protector
front engine guard, evo tech < --- Nope
givi rear aluminium monokey plate < ---- I use a Givi top box :thumb

I also bought :-
Ebay cheap mudsling
Macineart X-head Valve cover protectors Nippy Normans
Crash bar protectors Ebay cheap
Garmin Nav VI

Hope you enjoy your new bike mine has been an absolute revelation

I hope you don't mind asking questions on your thread skippy but I we are both in the same place. This has helped me order a few bits, more around protection.

My one question is tank pads and for the side of the tank. I sold on getting a tank pad for the issues with zips etc, but does any one bother with side decals/protection so you don't wear the tank away. BTW, 99% of my riding will be on the road. Many thanks, Rich

Back
Top Bottom