Hamster's Guzzi for sale

Raising money to fund production of a TV series about classic restoration is what I read.

That full fairing may be a period correct mod but it makes no sense to me - you've lost the gorgeous minimalist original whilst at the same time covered up that iconic engine. And I'm guessing it makes changing the oil filter even more fun...

That full fairing may be a period correct mod but it makes no sense to me - you've lost the gorgeous minimalist original whilst at the same time covered up that iconic engine. And I'm guessing it makes changing the oil filter even more fun...

I completely agree - In fact I will go a bit further, it looks bloody rotten....:barf

He’s a multi-millionaire….you’d wonder why he ‘needs’ to raise money by selling some of his collection. :nenau

Stuff the bikes, I want a production car that wheelies…

IIRC that is an Apple fairing and was the best looking aftermarket fairing, and quite desirable at the time. You're right though, the original and iconic bikini fairing looks much better.

That seat is an abomination as well BTW.

I’m not interested in any of the bikes but I wouldn’t mind the 911 and possibly the Lotus .....I’d also love to have that 550 from the auction and yes a production car that can hit 60 in 1.9 and can wheelie would definitely be a giggle too :D

I get the wheelie. I wonder what the tyres are made of to get 1.4g acceleration.

Bet they don’t last…

Went for £15k or so.
Plus auction fees?
Sounds excessive to me, especially for a bike with non-standard parts. Was there more to it (eg all the original parts included) or has somebody paid a premium for a bike previously owned by Hamster?
I'm more of a Captain Slow man myself but even so wouldn't pay extra.
And for Clarkson I'd want a discount...

That was the sale price, so plus 15%.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa076-lot-16924-1977-moto-guzzi-le-mans?el=16924&pn=1&pp=100

Plus auction fees?
Sounds excessive to me, especially for a bike with non-standard parts. Was there more to it (eg all the original parts included) or has somebody paid a premium for a bike previously owned by Hamster?
I'm more of a Captain Slow man myself but even so wouldn't pay extra.
And for Clarkson I'd want a discount...

I just checked the sale prices, some reasonable prices achieved

I've been following his series, now upto episode 3 I think. He did indeed decided to sell his collection to keep the business afloat. I'm quite enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom