Poking my head above the proverbial parapet…

CharlieBrownFazer

Reaction score
Just a quick note to say “Hello”. I’ve recently picked up a R1200GSA 2018 with lots of lovely heavy Wunderlich goodies from an older gentleman who unfortunately hadn’t been able to ride the bike.

Having picked it up about 4 weeks ago with 680 miles on the clock, it now has more than double that (and I went away camping with the family in the car, so not too shoddy in my head).

I’m based in Edinburgh, Scotland and I’m now planning to go to the NC500 and wild camp with my wife on her R1100S in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps embarrassingly my first post on the site was in the “Wanted” section for a Pannier Volume Booster, but more to fit our new tent vertically into the pannier.

I’ll leave it at that for now, I’m genuinely not normally too talkative, so please excuse me if I turn into a Lurker.

Welcome! Lots of Scot based folk on here, sounds like you have done really well getting out and about. :thumb2

Don't worry about feeling the need to continually contribute, you will do so when it feels right. You will never keep up with the top posters, so why try. :D

Get yourself on the Portsoy Atendees list

You can meet a load of us then :D

Welcome to this great site .. lurk all you like :thumb

Welcome Charlie
I joined this forum at the beginning of the year so still a newbie myself, but I’ve been made to feel very welcome as I’m sure you will
It’s a great source of good advice and banter
(Just don’t advertise anything for sale without a price otherwise they’ll do unspeakable things to you!)
As already mentioned there’s a weekend in Portsoy planned for 10th/12th Sept and going by the attendees list there looks to be 50 plus attending so should be a blast
I’m planning on heading up to meet this lot for the first time and hopefully put some faces to some of the weird usernames
Hope to see you there and ride safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I’ll certainly be looking at the Portsoy option, but I think it might be the weekend of my boys birthday party, so I don’t think I’ll get the pass to attend.

I will also be keeping an eye out for possible impromptu ride outs around the South of Scotland as I don’t have too many biking chums. (Anyone local, feel free to hit me up!).

Bugger… went for a ride today, nail in rear tyre, ride out cancelled, trip to the bike shop, thankfully was able to be plugged as only had 600 miles on it.

Good result :)

Better time out next time.

Back
Top Bottom