Phone navigation bracket.

So I now have the bike (1250 GSA) and will never buy the Nav 6 or whatever comes, apps more than sufficient for my needs. So I do not need the Sat Nav holder, in fact it partly gets in the way of viewing the TFT.

So the plan is to put a quad lock mirror mount on the top bar with the vibration damper and wireless mount and remove the sat nav holder. How easy I this to do, I do not want to cut any wires for the potential next owner, or its going in for its first service next week, do I ask them to remove it?

Can I trace the wire back from the nav holder and disconnect it? Is this the best options?

I tried one of the ebay phone holders in the sat nav and it did not work, so won't be going down that route.

Rich
pretty certain its a plug and play lead, follow the cables down to a black snap fit plug and undo. If its a brand new 1250 might be best asking dealer to do it ,esp if its going in for service next week ,,,,ask the price first though. they should do it free ,its not a huge job .

So I now have the bike (1250 GSA) and will never buy the Nav 6 or whatever comes, apps more than sufficient for my needs. So I do not need the Sat Nav holder, in fact it partly gets in the way of viewing the TFT.

So the plan is to put a quad lock mirror mount on the top bar with the vibration damper and wireless mount and remove the sat nav holder. How easy I this to do, I do not want to cut any wires for the potential next owner, or its going in for its first service next week, do I ask them to remove it?

Can I trace the wire back from the nav holder and disconnect it? Is this the best options?

I tried one of the ebay phone holders in the sat nav and it did not work, so won't be going down that route.

Rich

Plugs in the inner right (looking forward on the bike) near the right fork side

Thanks guys, you are right it plugs in on the right. Very simple to disconnect and a few cable toes and it’s removed. I have the quad lock mirror mount and wireless charging point on order, so when I need sat nav I can use the apps.

Updating my original post I got a mount off Amazon for my iPhone which worked fine.

I downloaded the BMW app to set the navigation to see if it was better than Google maps and although I have only used it once so far I was pleasantly impressed how good it was (after a bit of fiddling about)

It got me down to Keilder on a couple of roads I’d never been on before that turned out to be fun on the bike.

The ‘twisty’ setting was a bit of a joke tho’. Luckily I set it before I left the house as as soon as I got going it kept trying to send me down the most crazy bits of road. Being still local I cottoned onto that pretty quickly and reset it.

One thing that irked me was I used a town (Berwick upon Tweed) as a waypoint to get me on the A road that I wanted to go. Not actually needing to go into the town I just bypassed it only for the nav to keep trying to get me to double back to the town. I had to stop and remove the waypoint. That’s no doubt user error and I’ll work out how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom