Phone navigation bracket.

Scotsrick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a bracket that attaches to the BMW Nav fixing to put my iPhone in.

It won't be a permanent fixing, just for very occasional sat nav use so the BMW Nav would really be a luxury purchase.

Various versions for sale on Amazon/Ebay which basically look exactly the same just varying in price.

Anybody use one of these? Do they work okay or are there drawbacks?

Any UK sellers as all I can find are from China?

I'm considering buying a bracket that attaches to the BMW Nav fixing to put my iPhone in.

It won't be a permanent fixing, just for very occasional sat nav use so the BMW Nav would really be a luxury purchase.

Various versions for sale on Amazon/Ebay which basically look exactly the same just varying in price.

Yes we have two cheap ones on our bikes and they work great. Only trouble was having the phones in landscape format. In the end I removed the BMW part and just fitted the phone part in portrait to the BMW "bar". If you have the TFT model and the phone mounted with the BMW connected app, then in my opinion, there is no need to have a dedicated GPS.

This bracket, then fit a tomtom more cheap and more safe for your expensive Iphone

Wunderlich Instrument holder for original navigation systems - black

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/w...or-original-navigation-systems-21170-202.html

£70! They’re having a laugh!

The QuadLock "mirror mount" fits the BMW sat nav bar that the original Nav holder is mounted to and costs £30 from memory, I'll be going for this option soon.

And as for these cheap holders, I have 2 (don't ask) and got one from AliExpress and the other Amazon. They are sturdy enough that I have no complaints about potential issues with safety or my phone falling out. I think the most likely weak point is the charging mechanism/wiring inside.

I used mine for 8 days straight last year in 38 degree heat and torrential downpours and the only issue I suffered was my iPhone charging port getting water inside and refusing to charge.

The QuadLock "mirror mount" fits the BMW sat nav bar that the original Nav holder is mounted to and costs £30 from memory, I'll be going for this option soon.

That is interesting. and then do you remove the sat nav holder completely? Is that easy? Sorry I don't not get the bike until later this week.

Rich

That is interesting. and then do you remove the sat nav holder completely? Is that easy? Sorry I don't not get the bike until later this week.

Rich

I've seen someone with a GS who moved their BMW Nav prep over to make room to have their phone next to it but to me it looked a little "busy". Honestly I've not removed my BMW Nav prep cradle doodah yet, but I can see where the wiring runs down into the RHS inner cowl so I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to remove. The wiring follows a fairly logical path so I think it would be quite easy.

Rich

I removed it all and used the Evotech one.
Then I ditched that and had them side by side using a mirror mount.
I then removed the satnav prep and just have the mirror mount hence selling the Evotech. I use the apps for everything except green lanes/off road. The Nav VI can either go back on in less than 5 mins or it stays in the 4 button mount on the 701 and I use that.
Whichever works for how you want it.

Yes it does, you remove the BMW GPS mount completely to fit it.

No it doesn’t.
It does not replace the oe bracket as you originally stated.
That allows you to use a Quadlock case to fit your phone next or instead of the OE Nav mount.
The OE bracket is needed to fit that to.
The Evotech bracket that replaces it is this

bjaLLWH.jpg

No it doesn’t.
It does not replace the oe bracket as you originally stated.
That allows you to use a Quadlock case to fit your phone next or instead of the OE Nav mount.
The OE bracket is needed to fit that to.
The Evotech bracket that replaces it is this

I read his post as he has the mounting bar and BMW Navigator mount but without the GPS installed. He wanted to buy a phone mount to attach to the existing BMW Navigator mount.

There’s a difference paying for quality and being shafted lol

the difference is opinion. You don't have to buy it, therefore you can never be shafted.

Dry your eyes princess and move on.

So I now have the bike (1250 GSA) and will never buy the Nav 6 or whatever comes, apps more than sufficient for my needs. So I do not need the Sat Nav holder, in fact it partly gets in the way of viewing the TFT.

So the plan is to put a quad lock mirror mount on the top bar with the vibration damper and wireless mount and remove the sat nav holder. How easy I this to do, I do not want to cut any wires for the potential next owner, or its going in for its first service next week, do I ask them to remove it?

Can I trace the wire back from the nav holder and disconnect it? Is this the best options?

I tried one of the ebay phone holders in the sat nav and it did not work, so won't be going down that route.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom