klim krios pro helmet

I have a NEXX X WED. Had it about 18 months or so, maybe two years. It’s my first “Adventure” style helmet. My last few helmets have all had drop down sun visors and NEXX were the only half decent helmet manufacturers making one with this included.
So far it’s a great helmet. Well made, the peak is shorter than the other ones I looked at but that’s a good thing as it doesn’t catch as much wind. There is an extension piece of required. Pin lock on the clear visor, great drop down sun visor, feels a well made helmet. Would I buy it again? Yes, yes I would. In the same colour (plain white) same size (medium) and would be more than happy. Which is the first time for many years that I would buy anything exactly the same again.

I really like the weight of the Krios, but without the internal drop down sun visor the transitions has to work well if it dosent then its a different helmet

My nexx fell apart. I’ve NO confidence in them. It’s a pretty lid. My 9 year old nephew loves wearing it when in our place. He looks like a storm trooper! Otherwise it would be in the bin.

That’s why I didn’t sell it back to you horse.
Waiting on a HJC RPHA 90S to arrive from the Netherlands

1960e87459dcd17a20131922a45b01df.jpg

S20 5G sent this......

I really like the weight of the Krios, but without the internal drop down sun visor the transitions has to work well if it dosent then its a different helmet

I’ve had mine a good while now and I reckon the transition visor is one of its best features.

Yes, if you ride visor up in bright conditions with the peak attached, when you lower the visor you will see the pattern of the ‘peak vents’ in the visor (darker where the sun was on the visor and lighter elsewhere), but this only takes a few seconds to sort itself out as the visor reacts to the new conditions.

I reckon it’s a great helmet overall.

Just worn my new Nishua C Enduro Carbon helmet around Morocco for a week. I bought a non-transition dark visor for it and it was perfect all week in terms of light levels. It was also extremely cool with great venting, and compared to my Shoei Neotec the visibility was amazing! For £208 i would highly recommend it. It comes as standard with a clear visor and a pin lock in the price.

Nishua-Carbon-Enduro-helmet-Overland-Magazine.png

Just worn my new Nishua C Enduro Carbon helmet around Morocco for a week. I bought a non-transition dark visor for it and it was perfect all week in terms of light levels. It was also extremely cool with great venting, and compared to my Shoei Neotec the visibility was amazing! For £208 i would highly recommend it. It comes as standard with a clear visor and a pin lock in the price.

Can I ask - how did you know what size to order / that it would fit? Did yopu try a Krios Pro on here in the UK and base your purchase on that size info?

Does that take the Sena 10U unit? £216 is a bargain if it’s the same lid as the Klim!

Can I ask - how did you know what size to order / that it would fit? Did yopu try a Krios Pro on here in the UK and base your purchase on that size info?

Hi Jumpjim, as rjsmith26 said, just wondering how the Nishua size compares to the Shoei Neotec?

I find my Klim Krios Carbon (2-3 years old now, so likely not the current model) is a bit draftier and noisier than my Shoei Hornet and my Nexx adventure style helmet (can't remember what model that is, but I could check when home). It is very light, though, doesn't mist up with the Pinlock fitted and feels great quality from the interior plushness and external appearance. I'd wear something else for a longer road ride, and a dedicated off-road helmet for green laning, but it's great for shorter journeys or mixed on/off road. It works with goggles without removing the visor. And there's no contact between the peak and the visor when the peak is in the furthest forward position and the visor is fully up. There was on the BMW adventure style helmet I had a few years ago and it marked the visor before I realised, which was annoying.

Nishua - Anyone know if the Krios Transitions visor will fit the Nishua?

Back
Top Bottom