klim krios pro helmet

Slime Bomb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've always used the Arai Tour X but found them a little heavy so talking myself into getting one of these.

Has anyone got one or had any experience with one? Opinions?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 697
I used an older model called the F4 (goggles only) and it was very good.

I’m currently using a Touratech, previous version of this (https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/aventuro-traveller-carbon.html).

I had a couple of Tour X and they are good, but as you say heavy, the visor/face shield change is a pain and Arai still refuse to do a drop down sun visor.

The much derided TT helmet is a flip, drop down sun visor and easy to change face shield. I’d certainly look at the new TT one since now it’s carbon it should be lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got one.
Nice, shell is large though, padding good, vis is good, Tranistions visor works well.
Could vent a LOT better than it does though.

just remember if cost is an issue that the NISHUA from louis is the same as the Klim (previous model) as they come of the same production line, and the transitions visor fits as well
Same with the TT helmet its made by NEXX and the nexx ones sell for less.

The TT one I have is based on a Schuberth, but with extra venting - do you have a link by any chance the new Next based version?

just remember if cost is an issue that the NISHUA from louis is the same as the Klim (previous model) as they come of the same production line, and the transitions visor fits as well
Same with the TT helmet its made by NEXX and the nexx ones sell for less.

copied from web bike world, but just looking at the helmets will tell you, look for Nexx anywhere on the web they have a range of helmets
but here is the carbon one with the sunshield https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Nexx-XWed-2-Vaal-Carbon-Helmet only difference I think is the Nexx has a sunshield and the TT version does not

Nexx Now Builds Touratech Helmets
Nexx is a Portuguese helmet manufacturer and a darn good one. They build their lids right in Portugal as opposed to China where most other companies do. That may be a positive in your mind or a moot point. In any case it’s FYI.

It used to be Touratech helmets were rebranded SCHUBERTH helmets that were built in Germany. So for example, the Aventuro Mod is a SCHUBERTH E1 “farkled” or jazzed up to Touratech’s more luxurious specifications. It’s similar to the relationship between Honda and Acura, or Toyota and Lexus..

The Aventuro Mod is the modular helmet predecessor to this new Aventuro Traveller Carbon I’m reviewing in this piece. Still, it’s quite different because it’s built by Nexx as opposed to SCHUBERTH. Why did Touratech switch to Nexx instead of sticking with SCHUBERTH for this update to their Aventuro Mod?

That I don’t know.

Well, my latest Schubert helmet sort of suggests that they've lost their way a bit.

I've had four before this one which were excellent and then they completely changed the shell and the shape and the sizing. I went up in size and still ended up having to dremel out some material from the forehead to make it vaguely bearable. If I hadn't needed it for work and we weren't in lockdown it would have gone straight back and I'd have been able to try on some alternatives.

The padding round the strap has already come unstitched on two of the seams (had it since March) and it would be going back for that reason had I not been forced to invalidate the warranty.

I'll never buy another one.

I did try a Klim on at the ABR do which a friend of mine had bought - light, comfortable - really liked it, apart from that it's not a flip and I do like a flip.

Oh, did I mention that Schuberth are now the only manufacturer in the price range who don't do dual homologation on their flips? Makes it illegal to ride in the open position.

I can completely understand why they shifted to Nexx

Thanks for all the above but has anyone gone from a Tour x to the Klim and what's the sizing like?

'PitaNaanRoti' what are you comparing the venting to?

My Touratech Adventuro, my GS Carbon, my C3 Pro.
All vent much better. The chin vent is fine but the brow one does bugger all.

I used the Tour-x 4 for years (size L) and loved it although i did get pressure marks across the front of my head so eventually sold it on. I went to the Adventure Bike Shop to try on the Touratech flip up lid and the chap from the shop advised me to try on the Klim Krios. First thing I noticed was the weight difference, the Klim is the lightest lid of it’s type I’ve come across. When I put it on it was also the most comfortable, lush lining, came with both a clear and a dark visor and a 5 year warranty. I bought the large and haven’t looked back.. I’d also add that Klim’s warranty is very good. I noticed that the seal that the visor sits on when closed had perished in a couple of places. We’re talking a few mms so nothing significant. I completed an on-line claim form and within 4 days Klim USA advised via email they were going to replace the helmet. Within 2 weeks I had a new Krios arrive on my doorstep.. Oh and it was just over 2 years old…
Mine is not the Pro version so didn’t come with the transition visor (I’ve since bought one for it) and I believe the venting on the pro version is much better than the non pro version. Like others have said the transition visor works brilliantly…
Personally I’d highly recommend them, the weight difference makes them a LOT more comfortable to wear on long days in the saddle…

This is the replacement version I recently received…

Attachments

• 9A81BB7E-CA77-48E8-87D0-4AD942EEAB31.jpg
    9A81BB7E-CA77-48E8-87D0-4AD942EEAB31.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 533
You have to remember that any flip front is going to be a fair bit heavier.
The E1 the OH has is smaller in shell size but heavier than the Krios Pro
However it vents better.
The Klim is heavier then the Touratech Adventuro but the new transition visor works well.

You have to remember that any flip front is going to be a fair bit heavier.
The E1 the OH has is smaller in shell size but heavier than the Krios Pro
However it vents better.The Klim is heavier then the Touratech Adventuro but the new transition visor works well.

Er, that's incorrect.. The Touratech Adventuro carbon traveller (flip up) lid is significantly heavier than the Kilm.. However, the TT Aventuro Carbon 2 plus (non flip) is similar in weight and that's only if you buy the XS version in on road mode (ie without the peak attached)...

Touratech flip up - Weight: carbon - 1660g +/- 50g Multifibre: 1735g +/- 50g
Touratech Carbon 2 plus - 1280g +/- 50g
Klim Krios Pro - Weight - 1300g

Details of all here:

[URL="https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/aventuro-carbon2-plus.html"]https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/aventuro-carbon2-plus.html

https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/Klim-Krios-Pro-helmet-review#:~:text=The%20Krios%20Pro%20starts%20out,it%20weighs%20just%201%2C300%20grammes.

[/URL]

Thanks for that Urban Rider, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm really talking myself into one now! Just a shame there are no Klim stockists around here that I can try on and Sportsbikeshop (who do free returns) don't have a large in stock of the one I want...Yet!

Er, that's incorrect.. The Touratech Adventuro carbon traveller (flip up) lid is significantly heavier than the Kilm.. However, the TT Aventuro Carbon 2 plus (non flip) is similar in weight and that's only if you buy the XS version in on road mode (ie without the peak attached)...

Touratech flip up - Weight: carbon - 1660g +/- 50g Multifibre: 1735g +/- 50g
Touratech Carbon 2 plus - 1280g +/- 50g
Klim Krios Pro - Weight - 1300g

Details of all here:

[URL="https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/aventuro-carbon2-plus.html"]https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/aventuro-carbon2-plus.html

https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/Klim-Krios-Pro-helmet-review#:~:text=The%20Krios%20Pro%20starts%20out,it%20weighs%20just%201%2C300%20grammes.

[/URL]

I’ve got the TT Adventuro carbon AND the Krios Pro.
Both are a medium and the TT is lighter with a smaller shell.
That’s a real world fact with both helmets here in the flesh
I wasn’t in about the Mod as it’s not a “like for like” being a flip front.

I’ve got the TT Adventuro carbon AND the Krios Pro.
Both are a medium and the TT is lighter with a smaller shell.
That’s a real world fact with both helmets here in the flesh
I wasn’t in about the Mod as it’s not a “like for like” being a flip front.

Not sure you'd really be able to tell the difference between the two in terms of weight..... This is directly from the Touratech website and specifically about the Aventure Carbon (not the 2 version). As yours is the medium size it will have the small outer shell meaning there is 100gms difference depending on what configuration you have it in. If you wear it in full off road spec (with the peak) it will weigh 80 gms heavier than the Krios, without it the weight will be 20gms less... Pretty sure in the 'real world' it would be very difficult to tell the difference between them...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.50.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.50.11.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 471
Thread resurrection :D

I went from Schuberth E1 to a Klim Krios Pro carbon and the weight alone gets it a massive thumbs up, but was in a bike shop with a mate today and for some obscure reason tried on the Arai Tour X-4 and decided there and then I needed one. Why? Dunno, it just felt superb.

Ordered a dark visor, so will use the Klim with goggles now for off-road and the Arai for touring. The pain is having to buy a spare Cardo mount/JBL speakers etc. Dear do, but price matching got me a few quid off - joys of the internet - the shop we were at didn't have my size apart from the display, which had a little damage and wasn't for sale.

I'm not a fan of the transition visor, finding it is a little patchy when the peak is fitted and it marks really easily too.

Thread resurrection :D

I went from Schuberth E1 to a Klim Krios Pro carbon and the weight alone gets it a massive thumbs up, but was in a bike shop with a mate today and for some obscure reason tried on the Arai Tour X-4 and decided there and then I needed one. Why? Dunno, it just felt superb.

Ordered a dark visor, so will use the Klim with goggles now for off-road and the Arai for touring. The pain is having to buy a spare Cardo mount/JBL speakers etc. Dear do, but price matching got me a few quid off - joys of the internet - the shop we were at didn't have my size apart from the display, which had a little damage and wasn't for sale.

I'm not a fan of the transition visor, finding it is a little patchy when the peak is fitted and it marks really easily too.

well that was a good post saved me some money anyway, I hate dark visors and sunglasses now, it was either transition or something with the internal sun visor, just made my mind up for me, I think the NEX carbon is looking favorite

well that was a good post saved me some money anyway, I hate dark visors and sunglasses now, it was either transition or something with the internal sun visor, just made my mind up for me, I think the NEX carbon is looking favorite

You do get a spare clear visor by the way, but no drop down sun visor.

Great helmet to be fair and I won't not use mine, just got giddy and bought another.

Back
Top Bottom