R1200gs adventure diff

Lee williamson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all I have been watching YouTube and fancy changing the oil in the diff and checking the drive shaft and re lubing it can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to do this please thank you

Hi all I have been watching YouTube and fancy changing the oil in the diff and checking the drive shaft and re lubing it can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to do this please thank you
As you have already noted, there are several useful how to do it guides on YouTube that tell you all you need to know. You will need 180cc of 75W90 gear oil, torx tools, torque wrench, graphite or molybdenum grease, water resistant white sealing grease a suitable syringe for installing the oil and if you’re fussy a cardan drive fill plug sealing washer and drain screw sealing o ring. You will need somewhere to do it where you can remove the exhaust can, rear wheel, rear brake caliper and disconnect the abs sensor and caliper strut. If any of that phases you even slightly, a dealer do it for about £75.

Alan R

Back
Top Bottom